Talent Acquisition Specialist, Engineering (Temp) at PEAK6
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. Over 20 years ago, we were among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading and esports. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms and we continue to evolve.
Accelerate your career by joining a dynamic, successful team looking to break new ground in talent acquisition. In this role, you’ll be a critical member of the recruiting team, partnering with the Technology team and driving the recruiting process to identify the right fits for our sophisticated, growing technology team.
On the Talent Acquisition Team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Build strong relationships. As the face of our technology recruiting, you’ll build strong, productive relationships with candidate, agencies, and the business.
- Be a valued partner. You’ll partner directly with leadership and managers to scope the new roles and manage the process to help find the right talent for their teams.
- Develop innovative staffing solutions. You’ll be tasked with filling challenging tech roles and will be empowered to find innovative new strategies to find the best talent.
- Set strategy & influence. As a liaison to the business, you’ll be responsible for setting recruiting strategy and getting buy-in from the firm.
- Find the best talent for the team. You’ll become an expert on our culture and our needs, and find candidates who will be good fits and thrive in their roles.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 5+ years of experience working in a corporate recruiting environment with an exceptionally high bar for talent, with at least 3+ years of experience focused on technology recruiting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven understanding of the software development lifecycle: development languages, infrastructure, platforms and dependencies while working with proprietary applications
- Experience utilizing social media/sourcing tools: Linked in Recruiter, Facebook, Twitter
- Experience identifying passive, top tier candidates using networking and social media
- Successful track record developing creative strategies on how to recruit passive candidates at all levels which match fit with motivation
- Experience working in a fast paced, demanding environment; strong ability to prioritize/manage time
- Strong drive and a focus on quality, detail and execution
- Experience using online candidate applicant tracking tools
This role will be based out of PEAK6’s Chicago office.
This role will start with a 6 month duration with possibility to extend and/or potentially convert to full-time. As an initial Temporary Employee this position is eligible for medical insurance benefits in addition to the compensation rate.
*Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.