Talent Acquisition Specialist at SPINS LLC
Who We Are
For 20 years, SPINS' mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
Due to multi-year double-digit company growth, we are expanding our Talent Acquisition team. Our ideal candidate will help to further shape our Talent Acquisition strategy and tools, be entrusted with an ongoing quest to discover talent, build a strong employment brand, and ensure great relationships with both candidates and hiring managers. This individual has a passion for finding the most qualified candidates to fill our open roles, and has fire in the belly for sourcing. We are a collaborative organization and do not believe a recruiter should work in a silo. The opportunity for you to actively partner with everyone from our People Operations teammates to company leaders will allow you to excel in your full-cycle recruiting.
This role reports directly to our Director of Talent Acquisition and is part of our broader People Operations team. As a member of this team, you play a significant role shaping the company’s culture and impacting our continuous healthy growth by connecting high quality talent to the organization.
- Serve as a business partner with hiring leaders to develop effective sourcing and recruiting strategies that result in internal client satisfaction
- Conduct thorough sourcing campaigns to identify qualified active and passive candidates through job boards, social media and networking
- Develop talent acquisition strategies that result in building effective ongoing talent pipelines for efficiently filling open roles
- Ownership for planning and conducting recruitment and selection processes (interviews, screening calls, salary negotiations etc.)
- Consistently looking for ways to ensure a positive candidate experience
- Share your insights on market trends and internal talent needs to ensure the company’s staffing plans and forecasts are accurate
- Active team member of the talent acquisition team committed to sharing ways of working
- Actively work in alignment with the company’s commitment to foster an environment that champions eclectic and diverse viewpoints and backgrounds.
- Organize and/or attend networking events, hack-a-thons, and meetups
- Use metrics as a guide to capture what is working well and to identify areas of improvement
What you bring:
- 5 + years of full-cycle recruiting experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and understanding of trends, industry news and the Chicago business community
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with listening being key to success
- Experience in holding crucial conversations effectively
- Ability to interact and manage relationships at all levels of an organization including while working remote
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to prioritize, multitask and flex as needs and priorities change
- Experience with Greenhouse Applicant Tracking System is a plus
- Experience with LinkedIn Recruiter is a plus
- Experience in tech recruiting is a plus
When we began working from home in March, we were committed to keeping the healthy and active SPINS culture for our employees. Keeping the culture is high priority to us as we have continued to hire and onboard new employees even while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. While we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted 8 hours to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.