Talent Acquisition Specialist at Forager
Job Overview: Forager is growing. Due to this growth, we’re looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist - someone who is passionate, collaborative and obsesses over building relationships with incredibly smart people. In partnership with our Senior Manager of People Operations, you will be responsible for our talent acquisition strategy, the creation of a best-in-class candidate experience and implementing recruiting practices and processes.
- Responsible for the full cycle recruiting process: sourcing, building a healthy pipeline, screening and assessing talent, interview coordination, and offer negotiations.
- Partner with hiring managers to clearly understand their needs, develop search strategies, define position profiles, maintain our applicant tracking system, create scorecards and/or candidate assessment tools, and facilitate interview team debriefs.
- Create an exceptional candidate experience, with a strong focus on proactive and transparent communication.
- Build and implement inclusive recruiting policies and procedures to support our growth in the US, Mexico and Canada.
- Develop new processes, relationships, and innovative paths to ensure we are attracting and hiring diverse talent.
- Skillfully hunt, engage, and attract candidates through a variety of methods; outreach, databases, partnerships, referral-based, and more.
- Create, maintain and deliver on recruiting metrics, continuing to optimize the experience for both candidates and Forager stakeholders.
- Work closely with Senior Manager of People Operations and the marketing team on employer branding, developing content, and new creative ways for attracting talent.
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to our People Ops programs and processes to drive efficiencies, engagement and enhancement to the employee experience.
- Support Senior Manager of People Operations with ad hoc projects related to onboarding, performance management, employee relations, benefits and perks, culture, and more.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3-5 years of full cycle recruiting experience, specifically in-house technical recruiting for a high-growth SaaS startup.
- 1-2 years of HR experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of recruiting in the software industry and its different languages; across engineering, architects, and data.
- International recruiting experience and bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems, Boolean logic, Textio, LinkedIn Recruiter, and other specialized sourcing tools.
- An innate sense for connecting with people; hearing their stories, delving into their background and the ability to tie those experiences directly to our business needs.
- Comfortable operating with a high-level of autonomy, you thrive when given freedom and opportunity to solve problems, and proactively bring forth new ideas and solutions.
- A strong commitment to diversity and inclusion; meaning you’re open to new ideas and perspectives while ensuring equity throughout the recruiting process.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, while navigating and adapting to change on an as need basis.
- Strong verbal and written communicator, comfortable working with all levels across the organization.
Who we are?
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.
In response to COVID-19 & Forager’s commitment to keeping our employees, their families and our community safe, we have made the decision to continue working remotely through the remainder of the 2020 year. This means all new hires will be onboarded and trained remotely. In the future, this position will be expected to work onsite at our Chicago HQ, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Forager decides it is safe to do so.
Forager is an equal employment opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected characteristics.