Talent Acquisition Specialist
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will partner with Delivery Executives/Senior Management to anticipate and meet the evolving needs of the company, and to deliver best talent in the organization. The position will nurture relationships with prospective talent, create a pool of pre-qualified candidates, represent the company, and maintain an on-going relationship with managers throughout SDI. This also includes representing SDI at career fairs and talent-driven networking events within Chicago.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will report directly to the Talent Acquisition Manager.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives for recruiting diverse talent in a multi-site organization
- Partner with managers to forecast and develop plans for key staffing/hiring initiatives
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport
- Manage full cycle recruiting process to meet the various staffing goals across all levels within multiple business units
- Work with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria
- Develop strong relationships and partner with hiring manager, outside recruiting agencies, diversity leaders, social networks, and Human Resources
- Work closely with hiring managers to maximize effectiveness of recruiting process
- Track and report key metrics designed to measure and predict staffing activity
- Regular follow up meetings with the respective hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment process
- Actively participate in all staffing related activities and engage in cross functional projects
- Attend local community and college functions where candidates can be sourced
- Minimum of 1+ years of agency recruiting experience with a strong understanding and ability to recruit Information Technology resources specifically within infrastructure related roles (preferred)
- 4-year degree from a recognized college or university
- Excellent inter-personal skills, communication skills, and team-based project experience
- Experienced with recruiting tools to pre-qualify, tag, and track status of candidates
- Clear understanding of the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle processes
- Experience with mapping and identifying resumes from multiple sources
- Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office and in-depth knowledge of data mining and internet research
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
- Skills in database management and record keeping
- Ability to travel for recruiting meetings, college visits, career fairs, etc.
- General knowledge of current employment laws and practices
- Experience with an ATS system (Jobvite and UltiPro preferred)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.