Talent Applications Specialist at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That's why inclusion and diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for a Specialist to join our Information & Collaboration Technology (ICT) Team and focus on the implementation, configuration, and administration of our Talent software systems.
As an administrator and analyst, you will wear many hats on projects and be responsible for supporting the continuous development and improvement of our Talent software products. This role is tasked with requirements gathering, testing, documentation, training, and post-deployment support. Working within an Agile/Scrum team, you would design, develop, and deploy large-scale enterprise solutions, all while learning and growing your skill set. This role involves collaborating with key stakeholders across the business to write user stories, participate in backlog grooming, plan sprints and releases, and validate whether developed features and capabilities satisfy acceptance criteria and metric goals.
This is an exciting role that will present the challenge of helping the business define financial technologies and processes that will deliver greatest value to our employee-owned firm.
- Install, update, tune/configure, diagnose, and administer West Monroe’s Talent software applications
- Demonstrate strong understanding of Talent software capabilities and limitations – Cornerstone, ADP, etc. – while clearly communicating those to internal partners
- Work with key stakeholders and end users to gather, understand, and define business requirements
- Collaborate with other departments and Corporate IT groups to ensure solutions meet business requirements and fulfill user stories
- Demonstrate strong understanding of our HR vendor’s capabilities and limitations; effectively communicate that functionality internally
- Identify and create inventory of process pain points and gaps in best practices, while maintaining system documentation
- Own problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis
- Collaborate with external vendors to correct software errors and tune/troubleshoot applications; communicate the appropriate technical requirements to their teams for custom development
- Plan and coordinate testing changes, upgrades, and new services, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments
- Provide software advice, L2/3 support, and training for end users regarding all West Monroe Talent systems
- Work proactively to remove technical debt and security vulnerabilities, and strive to stay “out of the box” with core financial software products when possible
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering, finance, or similar preferred
- 3 – 5+ years of experience in IT with 2+ years of experience supporting HR software
- Experience working with HR products and suites, I.e. Cornerstone, ADP, other HRIS systems, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to act as subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining, and administering sophisticated HR applications
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great cross-team collaboration
- Desire to learn and continuously improve skillset
- Strong written and oral communication – must be able to work well and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical resources
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum sprint-based environment; understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology concepts, techniques, and ceremonies strongly preferred
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate a strong desire to take on new tasks and learn new things
- Ability to analyze, understand, and prioritize business problems
- Work experience in management/technology consulting or professional services industries preferred