Talent & Development Manager, Talent Acquisition at FOURKITES
Join a fast-paced, innovative, data-driven start up named 2021 Best Tech Start ups In Chicago, that is changing the Supply Chain industry through real time tracking and end-to-end visibility.
We are excited to bring on a strategic Talent & Development Manager, Talent Acquisition to join our progressive Talent & Development team. This team member will possess strong business partnership experience, full life cycle recruiting, knowledge of all HR functional areas, and have drive, smarts, and integrity to bring to our team. We are seeking an energetic professional with high career potential that has demonstrated success recruiting top talent in high-growth tech and guiding the culture to optimize that talent.
- Manage recruitment, including search strategy and sourcing, screening, behavioral interviewing, hiring manager partnership, offers & offer negotiation across multiple levels & departments including but not limited to customer success, operations, sales/marketing, product management, & software engineering.
- Continuously bring forward ideas and action plans to ensure FourKites attracts, develops and retains top performers
- Ownership of multiple HR & Talent strategic programs, including Employee Satisfaction “pulse”, retention metrics and talent brand marketing and social media strategy
- Consult with senior leadership regarding workforce planning strategies including workforce diversity, forecasted hiring needs, and personnel development plans.
- Responsible for planning, leading and implementation of hiring initiatives, personnel acquisition or internal hiring programs.
- Source active and passive applicants, recruit, screen, interview and hire for highly specialized and difficult-to- attract positions.
- This position requires the creation of sourcing strategies that would generally include significant coordination with the hiring manager on required skills, identifying competitor information and researching industry terms.
- Be seen as a value added partner and management coach for new and developing managers
- Interact with Sr leadership and Directors to achieve company goals.
About the Team:
Our team thrives off people operations and driving talent development and acquisition for multiple offices across the globe while being a business partner to our hiring managers and Executives. Our day to day is made up of strategic sourcing/recruiting, networking, talent development, training and ad hoc HR analytics projects. If you love recruiting and also want to contribute to progressive talent initiatives beyond recruiting, this is the role and team for you.
- High level of self awareness and demonstrated ability to accept and apply feedback for personal and professional growth
- Proven track record of effective partnership with department managers and leaders as evidenced by a passion for their teams and those teams’ challenges and opportunities
- Ability to think several steps ahead, develop contingency plans and adjust when needed
- Good listener balanced with ability to “push back” and challenge constructively
- Avid user of social networking tools
- Organized, motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work well under deadlines
- Always “open to possibility”
- Strong communication, project management and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete large volumes of work efficiently and effectively
- Professional, reliable, driven and results-oriented
- 3+ years Full Service Recruitment experience including technology and manager-level recruitment experience
- Experience tracking & reporting HR metrics including headcount, turnover, recruitment metrics, and more
- Experience in Software as a Service Industry highly preferred
- Located in Chicago (Not open to remote)
Named one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, FourKites is on a mission to transform the world’s supply chains with the most powerful technology on the planet. With a customer base that includes 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies and nine of the top-10 CPG companies, the company combines the largest network of real-time logistics data with machine learning to help its customers lower costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. We are a customer-obsessed organization, wholeheartedly committed to helping our customers succeed and drive long-term value.
The empathy we exhibit with our customers applies internally, as well. At FourKites, a positive work culture is a priority, and team members benefit from structured employee development plans, mentorship and training programs, quarterly review and promotions processes, affinity group memberships and competitive benefits packages. Click here to learn more about our team and our corporate values.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.
Successful Candidate Attributes at FourKites:
- Change Leader – Recognizes changes in the internal and external environment, responds in a timely manner and adapts appropriately to overcome problems. Results are actions that achieve desired outcomes for the company.
- Customer Focused – Helps or serves others to meet their needs. Focusing efforts on discovering and meeting the customer’s needs. “Customers” include external customers and internal colleagues and departments.
- Impact, Influence and Relationship Builder – Relates well to people inside and outside the organization, can settle differences with minimum disruption, can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties in negotiations.
- Integrity and Trust – An open and truthful individual who can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes and does not misrepresent him/herself in or beyond the company for personal gain. Participates in a culture where all individuals are treated fairly and with respect.
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – Accurately listens, understands and responds appropriately and effectively when interacting with individuals and groups.
- Disciplined Problem Solver – Uses rigorous logic and methods to improve processes and effectively solve problems. Probes all sources for answers, sees hidden problems; looks for solutions beyond the obvious; thoroughly analyzes situations; and demonstrates disciplined decision-making.
- Self Confidence – Stands up to be counted; accepts personal responsibility; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment. Is tolerant of hierarchical constraints and has the ability to work across boundaries.