Talent Development Manager at SMS Assist
- Provide thought leadership and innovative ideas to enable a 'learning culture,' bringing to life core values and competencies through various initiatives and tactics.
- Conduct needs assessment in partnership with HR Business Partners/business leaders to identify organizational development needs; recommend tactics and learning modalities to address key opportunity areas and provide consultation to enable implementation of tactics.
- Manage career development work across multiple functions.
- Develop change management and communication strategy to drive awareness and understanding of learning and leadership development initiatives and outcomes.
- Identify and assist managers with employee engagement results and develop action plans for process improvement initiatives.
- Develop short and long-term training and development strategies and corresponding execution plans aligned to overall business needs.
- Own the technology, structure, and communication for the performance management process. This includes goal setting, regular one-on-one meetings, and performance calibration processes, ensuring alignment to corporate strategic goals.
- Create and implement a succession planning process for the organization. This should include replacement planning, as well as leadership readiness assessment tools for all levels of the organization. This should be in collaboration with our growth plans to ensure timing of key roles.
- Provide consultation on individual employee development needs, as appropriate.
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Verbal Communication – Advanced
- Written Communication – Advanced
- Teamwork – Advanced
- Relationships – Advanced
- Organizational Awareness – Advanced
- Learning Agility – Advanced
- Problem Solving – Advanced
- Process Orientation – Advanced
- Prioritization – Expert
Role Specific Skills
- Experience interpreting and debriefing leadership/personality/360 assessments (e.g., Strengths Finder, Hogan, Korn Ferry Voices, Myers-Briggs, TKI)
- Computer Skills: Advanced proficiencies in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
- System Experience: Workday and SABA preferred
People Management Skills
- Advanced proficiency in all people management processes, including recruitment, performance management and learning and development
- Advanced proficiency in building, growing and developing a team; including department structure design and resourcing
- Advanced proficiency in coaching and developing individual team members to reach their potential
- Proficient in engaging multiple teams through communication, processes, personal impact and influence
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in talent management and/or learning & development
Other Relevant Qualifications
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.