Talent Development Manager
Talent Development Manager
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you’re looking to play a “back office” HR role, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our Shared Services team is the foundation of our culture and steward of our values. We partner with our internal clients and provide exceptional service to enable them to provide outstanding service to the firm’s clients. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Manager to join the Talent Development team. The role partners with leaders across the organization to support the firm-wide strategic initiatives through learning and skill development. This role will advise executive sponsors, seek out and collaborate with third-party partners, propose and design solutions, and implement development opportunities as a way to support our firm-wide strategy and contribute to the betterment of the firm.
* Serve as a credible and trusted advisor to our executive sponsors regarding effective and leading-edge learning strategies with the intent to provide leadership, design insight, and delivery best practices for firm-wide strategic initiatives
* Engage stakeholders to conduct robust needs assessments that define development priorities and gain consensus throughout the process
* Maintain, evolve and expand the curriculum, leveraging best practices and future-focused innovations to:
* Buy, build, and/or redesign solutions as needed
* Recommend appropriate delivery mechanisms
* Develop the vision, strategy, and implementation plan to drive learning beyond the classroom to make learning “sticky”
* Oversee the analysis of learner feedback and other data to promote continuous improvement of development solutions, consistently moving development to the next level
* Execute with strong project management skills, including monitoring work-plans and managing against milestones, knowing what to prioritize and why, knowing who to keep informed, and when to escalate
* Manage vendors, building relationships and onboarding them to understand the West Monroe culture to enable the success of recommendations and implementations
* Deliver training and facilitate sessions to small and large audiences, including facilitating strategic and alignment discussions with leaders
Required Education and Work Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in related field preferred
* 10 years of experience with progressive talent development experience
* Experience working in a professional services firm preferred
* Ability to partner with, advise and influence senior leaders
* Ability to use data to tell stories that build consensus through PowerPoint
* Ability to create structure around ambiguous assignments and manage complexity in terms of the work and stakeholders to deliver results in a compressed time frame through integrated project plans
* Strong communications skills; superior editing, writing, and critical reasoning skills and the ability to influence stakeholders; experience in public speaking, facilitation, and training delivery
* Use best-in-class instructional design techniques to deliver new elements while meeting budget and timeline requirements
* Strong foundation in problem-solving, analytics, and project management principles and tools
* Demonstrated attention to detail and strong prioritization skills
* Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, nimble, professional environment
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.