Talent Development Manager
Talent Development Manager
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one. From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you’re looking to play a “back office” HR role, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our Shared Services team is the foundation of our culture and steward of our values. We partner with our internal clients and provide exceptional service to enable them to provide outstanding service to the firm’s clients. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Talent Development Manager to join the Talent Development team. The role is responsible for developing and leading curriculums that focus on knowledge, skills, and abilities that cut across all practices and directly addresses business development, communication, client delivery, people management, and professional development alignment with West Monroe’s overall development strategy. The role will manage vendors and work with internal subject matter experts to develop content across a range of topics.
* Oversee and manage the design, selection and implementation of training programs and initiatives
* Deliver training and facilitate sessions to small and large audiences of varying levels
* Recommend and implement updates to existing training material for continuous improvement of course content and program delivery techniques
* Conduct thorough needs assessment and produce periodic L&D reports outlining learning needs accompanied by recommendations and implications, such as changes in operations, budget, or quality
* Partners with internal clients to build consensus and buy-in and to gain sponsorship for various courses and programs
* Own the content at all stages of the design and development lifecycle, enforcing quality standards, and adhering to deadlines including vendor management
* Keep project leaders, stakeholders and subject matter experts engaged in the development of learning programs, maintaining scope, high quality and timeliness
* Lead the analysis and reporting of effectiveness and quality measures across recommended learning programs
* Analyze all relevant data and take the appropriate actions to improve overall quality and effectiveness of learning programs
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to create structure around ambiguous assignments and manage complexity in terms of the work and stakeholders to deliver results in a compressed timeframe
* Use best-in-class instructional design techniques to deliver new elements while meeting budget and timeline requirements
* Strong foundation in problem solving, analytics and project management principles and tools
* Strong communications skills; superior editing, writing, and critical reasoning skills and ability to influence stakeholders
* Broad thinking and perspective of current learning and development trends and change management best practice
* Bachelor’s degree in HR, Organizational Development, or related field required; Master’s degree in related field preferred
* 10 or more years of experience with progressive talent development experience
* Experience in a professional services environment desirable
* Experience designing, delivering, and managing soft skill and management development curriculum
* Experience working in a professional services firm preferred
* Demonstrated attention to detail and strong prioritization skills
* Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to build strong relationships and influence
* Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, nimble, professional environment
* High proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.