Talent (HR) Business Partner at West Monroe
Talent (HR) Business Partner
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one. From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you're up for the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Talent Business Partner for our Talent Management team to provide leadership, business partnership and deliver best-in-class solutions. This role is located in Chicago and will provide talent leadership and support for Practices in our Chicago office.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing daily leadership in the areas of performance management, career development, employee engagement and relations as well as being a workplace culture champion. The Talent Business Partner will collaborate with Chicago Practice leadership and Senior Talent Management leaders to execute strategic human capital plans that support the needs and priorities of the business and drive proactive, strategic, forward-thinking solutions to employee and organizational issues.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide leadership, HR expertise and coaching to managers and employees with specific focus on: employee retention, employee advocacy/engagement, employee relations management, performance management, compensation, and career development and talent assessment
- Build credible and trusting relationships with employee populations to help facilitate effective employee communications and relations
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported & resolved
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues
- Lead key HR processes including talent review, compensation planning for location/practice areas
- Employee onboarding and orientation
- Talent Champion, helping develop, engage and retain talent
- Contribute to the business by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
Here's what you need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources, business or related field
- A minimum of (10) or more years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a professional services or management consulting firm
- Demonstrable experience with, or knowledge of, employment law
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present, influence and collaborate at the leadership level
- Ability to travel to other West Monroe office locations (~20%)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast paced, high change environment
- Strong skills at building relationships with various levels in an organization
- Strong facilitation, influencing and conflict resolution skill