Tech Learning Development Manager
What you’ll do as a Learning Development Manager:
As a Manager of Learning, you will be responsible for developing onboarding curriculum and leading continuous learning initiatives for Enova’s engineers. You will be responsible for maintaining the onboarding program for all engineers who enter into the organization. The audience is experienced engineers at varying levels and the technical topics evolve as our business grows. Building strong relationships within SE and other departments is key to ensure that our that learning programs support the growth of our people and our business.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Define explicit learning objectives and corresponding content for onboarding and continuous learning within SE
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to build compelling course content that improves knowledge retention and transfer
- Craft engaging and effective learning programs on advanced software engineering topics
- Support and evangelize informal and social learning throughout the software engineering team
- Mentor newly hired software engineers as they complete the onboarding curriculum
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience in adult education
- Experience within a tech organization or tech team
- Experience developing curriculum
- Experience maintaining training program
- Familiarity with adult learning theory and instructional strategies and methodology
- Forward thinking- you’re always evaluating what currently exists and thinking creatively about ways that it could be even better
Software Engineering Overview:
The Software Engineering Team, one of the largest groups in the company, is responsible and accountable for meeting the demands of our current and future businesses. We help create the “Tech” in FinTech.
We are structured into small full-stack teams, each aligned to specific business lines or core services. Each team is responsible for defining and delivering solutions through smart interactive development. We code in Ruby, Go, Java, and Swift. We use Ember and other JS frameworks for front-end development. However, we welcome engineers from different technical backgrounds and have created a training program to get you up to speed on our tech stack. Baseline is our self-paced training program, which provides a suite of exercises for all new engineering hires to work through during their first few weeks, ensuring they have the knowledge needed to be successful in their role.
Although we are divided into unique teams, our culture of collaboration promotes and encourages engagement across every team and department within the company - no team is a silo. This enables us to align our core values and create strong, best practices.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.