Technical Recruiter, Engineering at Root
We’re searching for a technical recruiter to join us in building the most transformative Engineering Team ever. We’ve been able to hire the best team for Root by being intimately aware of who we are and who we aren’t. With this in mind, we expect a recruiter to study the business, work with leaders in Engineering and Recruiting to understand current/future recruiting needs, and then be a thought partner in ideating/executing solutions.
What you’ll do.
- Facilitating and managing the logistics of our hiring process (scheduling, travel, expenses)
- Living between the business and the candidate. It’s your responsibility to use your context on the needs of the business and the perspective of the candidate to create a best-in-class candidate experience in every touchpoint.
- Educating the local engineering market on what we’re building and how we work by attending/hosting events and building relationships with candidates.
- Reaching out to qualified candidates utilizing tools like Github, Stack Overflow, and LinkedIn
- Exploring new channels and strategic partnerships for recruiting, and using data to validate or eliminate each hypothesized approach
- Critically evaluating our hiring processes and solutions to ensure that we’re approaching each specific problem with the best possible solution.
What we’re looking for.
- Exemplary communication skills - we believe the best communication is honest, empathetic, and clear.
- Creative thinking and intellectual curiosity - we’re operating in a new market, and you’ll have a good deal of ownership over your unique approach. Often, the best approach isn’t the first one suggested. The ability to think outside the box will be an asset in this role.
- Analytical skills - we use data to drive decisions and we’re hoping you do too.
- Ability to iterate quickly - the solutions we’ve used in the past aren’t always what should be used today. We change our approach with the dynamic needs of the business.
- Ownership - you’ll be working with a great deal of autonomy to meet our hiring needs. We’re hoping you thrive when given the opportunity and freedom to solve problems.
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. Very few (if any!) people will fit every description; so if you are passionate about what this role entails, and are excited by solving real problems, we encourage you to apply; we want to learn about you, and what you can add to our team!
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.