Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
While this role will start remote, we will require this individual to be based in our Chicago office.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin intern insurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. In 2020, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida while expanding into other states.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is growing! In order to meet our growth goals, we need to hire talented individuals all across the company, with a large focus on growing our technical teams. That’s where you come in. We're looking for the best technical recruiters in the city to help us create a best in class technology organization.
A day in the life could include:
- Meeting with hiring managers to determine requirements for open roles
- Building a sourcing strategy as well as an interview process, complete with interview questions, for each position
- Sourcing candidates from a variety of methods and systems
- Interviewing candidates, both on the phone and video
- Running strategy and post-interview meetings
- Extending offers to candidates and discussing offer details and benefit packages
- Assisting with employee engagement spotlights and employment branding efforts
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 3+ years experience in a technical recruiting function. Proven experience hiring mid to senior level Product Managers, Front End / Full Stack Engineers, SDET and Q&A Talent.
- Knowledge of tech industry of Chicago, its unique language, Ruby on Rails, and where the best speakers are hiding.
- Comfortable talking ‘tech’ with candidates - you can speak about methodology, programming languages, and team projects well enough to impress them
- Strong business partner skills. You understand how to work with hiring managers throughout the recruiting process, ensuring excellent quality of service
- Data / Metrics orientated. You know what you to report and when to report it. And, you're constantly using this data to better our technical recruiting function.
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership - after we return to the office
Read Full Job Description