Technical Recruiter at SpotHero
We are looking for an empathetic and tactical Technical Recruiter to help grow and scale the SpotHero team! You have successfully recruited at tech startups, excited to take on the challenge of a rapidly growing company, and are passionate about creating a one-of-a-kind candidate experience. In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing, screening, promoting SpotHero’s talent brand, and making sure we are attracting diverse, technical talent. You will have a huge impact on our team’s growth by also helping us drive our culture forward!
Sound like your bread + butter? We can’t wait to meet you!
Who we are
SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will get to do
- Own the full lifecycle of recruiting for 5-8 roles within your area of our Engineering team. You will manage all referrals, active outreach, inbound sourcing, and community engagement programs to make sure your pipeline is successful!
- Design for a positive + memorable candidate experience from start to finish. You enjoy asking for feedback and iterating along the way.
- Partner with hiring managers to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage clear expectations.
- Collaborate + calibrate with both hiring managers and the recruiting team to ensure all interviewers are prepared, informed, and we’re finding the right talent.
- Track and develop relevant metrics for your talent pipeline and actively share your progress with the team every week.
- Create clear job descriptions, thoughtful kick-offs, and simplified interview plans in partnership with hiring managers.
- Manage your pipeline and roles in our applicant tracking system (we use Greenhouse) to ensure you’re hitting your checkpoints.
- Create + present offer letters alongside the hiring manager. Upon offer acceptance, handoff finalized documents to the People Operations team for processing.
- Proactively contribute to improving the recruiting cycle at SpotHero with real time feedback on specific candidates, as well as providing useful suggestions for improvement.
- Represent SpotHero at external recruiting events, coordinate with our technical recruiter to organize meet-ups and join us in our commitment to diversity and inclusion and creating a SpotHero where everyone belongs.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of technical recruiting experience, with a focus on software engineering, data engineering, DevOps, and QA technologies, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are innately curious. You enjoy asking “why” to learn more about our business and how new talent can contribute to financial and organizational outcomes.
- Well-rounded and diverse experience in identification and engagement of non-obvious top talent.
- You have experience sourcing diverse talent through multiple creative channels such as: LinkedIn Recruiter, GitHub, Hired, StackOverflow, and running boolean searches.
- You are an expert interviewer. You know how to connect with technical talent and how to ask thoughtful questions in order to assess skills + values.
- You are a coach and a partner to hiring managers, helping them develop strategic recruiting plans.
- You understand the importance of safeguarding data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability. You ensure appropriate access levels are maintained at all times.
- You are an inclusive communicator, have strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and you’re highly organized.
- Experience using an ATS – bonus if you know your way around Greenhouse!
Don’t check all of the boxes? We would love to hear how you can help our team, so please still apply!
What we offer
- Career game changer – a truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Top notch benefits:
- In the US we cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, matching 401K, and generous paid parental leave.
- In Canada, we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD, and a matched RRSP.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work-life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Annual parking stipend (we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.