Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
This is a high profile role in which you will be responsible for the acquisition of new technology talent into Echo. With the direction of department managers, you will proactively source, screen and procure new hires into various roles, with a heavy emphasis on IT positions. You will be the face of the organization for prospective candidates. The ideal candidate will be a highly aggressive and well networked technology recruiter who has a strong understanding of the Chicago market. This role requires a great deal of outside networking within the IT community and the ability and willingness to directly source candidates.
- Develop strong relationship with hiring managers across multiple locations and departments.
- Proactively source, recruit, manage offer process, and on-board candidates for assigned requisitions.
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management; demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences.
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives, including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
- Execute recruitment strategy by optimizing virtual, on-campus, regional, and in-house awareness to cost effectively expand our talent community/candidate pool for open and or forecasted opportunities.
- Utilize internal and external sources to develop competitive intelligence (sourcing methods, hiring practices, salary information, etc.); share intelligence with business partners and leverage that information to develop candidate pipelines.
- Communicate recruiting successes and challenges regularly. Report on individual recruiting stats against company hiring needs.
- Continue to develop and promote the Echo employment brand and value proposition.
What We Look For
- BA/BS Degree in business, information technology or related field
- 5 years of IT recruiting experience-A combination of agency and corporate environment is preferred
- Highly professional demeanor
- Outgoing personality with the ability to interact at all levels
- Strong business acumen
- Innate instincts in assessing people's character and skills
- Proven "take charge" performer who is successful at multi-tasking
- Impeccable communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be extremely resourceful and opportunistic
- Self-managed and motivated
- Enjoys and thrives in fast-paced, fluid work environment
- Ability to follow through with tasks to their completion
- Very organized and detail-oriented
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
- Advancement potential
- Fun and energetic work environment
- Volunteer opportunities
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.