Technical Sourcing Specialist at Civis Analytics
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.
THIS IS A 6 MONTH TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME POSITION WITH BENEFITS.What we are looking for
We’re looking for a Technical Sourcing Specialist to join our People Operations team to support our recruiting efforts. As a sourcer at Civis, you’ll be charged with finding qualified candidates who bring diversity of thought to all that they do. Inclusivity should be at the forefront of your mind and you should be willing to go above and beyond to create a workforce reflective of diversity within our industry. You'll be responsible for generating talent pipelines for a variety of high-priority roles across the company.
In this role you will:
- Execute sourcing best practices to meet hiring goals quickly and efficiently
- Be the sourcing expert across a variety of deeply technical roles from new graduates through leadership levels
- Partner effectively with the recruiting team, peers and cross-functional partners across all departments of Civis
- Use creative sourcing methods to develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and generate qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Support the recruiting process through accurate record keeping and by tracking/reporting out your success towards hiring/sourcing goals
- 3+ years of sourcing experience in both high volume and corporate environments, preferably starting in staffing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with incredible attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Ability to develop effective sourcing strategies that contribute to achieving Civis’s hiring and diversity goals
- Ability to identify and engage technical and non technical talent efficiently while overcoming obstacles as needed
- Experience working in an always changing environment/ability to navigate ambiguity autonomously
- US work authorization
- Experience with both technical and non-technical recruiting
- Experience in a startup or software as a service company
- Experience using creative sourcing methods to find/engage passive talent, LinkedIn Recruiter and Hired a plus
- Knowledge of Greenhouse Applicant Tracking System strongly preferred
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW