Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
Are you detail oriented, organized, and up for a new challenge? If this describes you, please check out the opportunity to join our Total Rewards Team! As the Total Rewards Coordinator, you will assist in the development and administration of the total rewards program by responding to and researching day to day inquiries from employees, benefits billing reconciliation, partnering with other HR team members for reporting requests, as well as maintaining and updating the Job Description library.
Let us know why you would be the right fit! We want to hear from you!
- Monitor the benefits inbox and serve as the tier one response line to all employee benefits questions as well as send benefits communications to the organization
- Administer and support programs like Leave of Absence, benefits open enrollment, 401k, etc
- Interface with vendors to ensure the efficiency of administration of our benefits and 401k plans including enrollments, qualifying life events, terminations and claims issues.
- Reconcile, audit and submit benefits billing invoices to Accounting
- Maintain our Job Description Library
- Assist with job evaluations and bench-marking salaries by participating in compensation surveys
- Assist with hourly and salaried merit cycles, including bonus programs
- Support HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition team and the business leadership department with tasks as needed
- Assist the Human Resources team with the annual performance cycle
- Responsible for running reports and performing research that support the Total Rewards team
- Administer ancillary programs that fall under the total rewards team
- Review and process court-ordered medical requests
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Completion of a four-year degree program in a related field: Business, Human Resources or related degree
- 1+ years of professional experience (internships; worked in an HR or Finance roles)
- Analytical: comfortable with numbers and reporting
- Experience with Google Sheets/Excel and the ability to create Pivot Tables, Formulas and VLOOKUP
- Displays systems thinking, able to link issues that may be interrelated
- Ability to work independently with direction from the Total Rewards Manager and others within HR and the company
- Creative: able to solve business problems and address business situations from multiple angles (comfortable with abstract issues)
- Ability to multitask
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer