SMS Assist serves more than 186,000 commercial and residential properties nationwide. We connect property owners in industries like residential, retail and restaurant with a dense Affiliate (vendor) network that specializes in more than 45 trades like landscaping, plumbing and HVAC. Our Customer Service organization leverages our proprietary One by SMS Assist cloud platform to process thousands of work orders daily.
Every day we strive to provide the best service to our customers through relentless innovation, ambition, passion for people, accountability and unquestionable integrity. We offer a game room, fitness center, bike garage, SMS Serves philanthropy program, company events, a fun location along Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, and more. SMS Assist is a Moxie Awards winner, Chicago Innovation Awards winner, a Top 100 Digital Company in Chicago and has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for all four years of its existence! The list ranks the top 100 private cloud companies across four factors: market leadership, estimated valuation, operating metrics, and culture.
The Vendor Recruiter Lead is responsible for leading a team of Vendor Recruiters to source, maintain and continuously improve a nation-wide network of high performing vendors to service our clients.
A successful Vendor Recruiter Lead positions and drives a team of Vendor Recruiters to strengthen the SMS Assist vendor network through engaging and onboarding exceptional vendors. To accomplish this, the Vendor Recruiter Lead must possess the following:
• Leadership – take ownership of developing and motivating a team to drive results through improved overall vendor prospecting effectiveness; cold calling, prospecting sequences, discovery communications, qualification, appointment setting, follow up, and organization
• Process Oriented – define and refine the current vendor recruiting process to improve productivity and conversion rate
• Drive Development – determine and build vendor recruiting materials to support individual recruiter ‘pitch’ efforts
• Metric Focused – utilize data to understand and monitor program and individual progress, as well as take a strategic and data-focused approach to help drive business decisions to achieve opportunity targets
- Lead the team of Vendor Recruiters to meet all targets by both removing barriers and building creative new vendor recruiting tactics and supporting growth strategies of the business.
- Establish a program plan and targets to proactively address all vendor needs of the business.
- Build new vendor networks in markets where new business is anticipated.
- Ownership of monitoring and driving program metrics, including status reporting to leadership and key stakeholders.
- Ensure new vendors are aware of performance expectations and equipped to successfully perform services. Develop a plan for oversight and coaching to affiliates during initial work orders.
- Ownership of the growth and development of the Vendor Recruiters
- Performance management of Vendor Recruiters, including but not limited to delivering performance reviews, conducting any performance-related conversations and follow up conversations
- Ensure that recruiting and onboarding processes and policies are in line with business processes
- Partner with the SMS Training team to best position new vendors for success
- Leadership: Advanced
- Process Orientation: Advanced
- Customer Service: Advanced
- Verbal Communication: Advanced
- Written Communication: Advanced
- Negotiation: Advanced
- Analysis: Advanced
- Problem Solving: Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of strategically building and driving successful sales, sourcing or recruiting plans and meeting or exceeding targets
- Advanced proficiency in coaching, motivating and developing individual team members to reach their potential
- Experienced in people management processes, including recruitment, performance management and reward
- Demonstrated analytical skills and an ability to make data driven decisions
- Industry trade knowledge: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, general maintenance, etc.
- Self-directed and motivated
- Computer skills: Basic computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years of experience in a sales or sourcing leadership position, preferably with experience selling to small business. Experience in the maintenance space also a plus
- Experience working in a startup environment a plus
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.