Vendor Relations Recruiter at SMS Assist
- Identify prospective vendors for SMS Assist; explain how SMS Assist can deliver value to their organization.
- Develop familiarity with the vendors area of expertise, including but not limited to trade, geography, business size and areas of specialization.
- Complete cold calls daily to establish relationships with vendors and gain leads.
- Negotiate pricing and service terms while maintaining margin requirements.
- Consistently meet program targets.
- Partner with implementation team to ensure smooth transition into the SMS network.
- Assess opportunities and risks with your territory; recommend resolutions to leadership.
- Understand varying scopes of work of our clients and convey those requirements to vendors
- Foster a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality and accuracy of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Must be available to adjust work schedule during high peak periods when necessary
- Travel, as needed, to meet vendors and assess and identify opportunities of growth or improvement of processes (potential travel of 10%)
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service – Proficient
- Verbal Communication – Advanced
- Written Communication – Proficient
- Teamwork – Proficient
- Relationships – Proficient
- Negotiation – Advanced
- Learning Agility – Proficient
- Problem Solving – Proficient
- Process Orientation – Proficient
- Prioritization – Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft product skills - Excel, Word & Outlook
- Experience/ability to setup/lead meetings or plan remote business events preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Experience in Facilities or Supply Chain a plus
- Industry trade knowledge: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, general maintenance etc
- 0-2 years of sales or sourcing experience preferred