Vice President, People Operations
What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
To democratize data science so organizations can stop guessing and make decisions based on numbers and scientific fact.
What we are looking for
The Vice President of People Operations will oversee and scale a progressive human resources organization that is responsive to its employees and enables their success. The Vice President will champion a work environment that promotes inclusion, diversity, trust, transparency, and accountability and advances a culture of innovation. The Vice President is a key business partner and member of the leadership team, responsible for the strategic direction and planning of HR, including talent acquisition, onboarding, training, learning and development, performance management, employee relations and engagement.
This role will operate out of our downtown Chicago office (200 W. Monroe) and report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Lead and inspire our People Operations department with a focus on fairness, consistency, integrity, diversity, equity, and inclusion stretching across the organization.
- Act as an effective change agent and internal communications expert that ensures positive employee experience during all transformational initiatives.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with internal stakeholders.
- Provide advice and guidance to all employees on the interpretation and administration of HR policies and best practices.
- Establish a talent management system using a cultural framework that ties together our values, core competencies, employee development and career progression.
- Monitor and analyze trends in key employment metrics and develop recommendations accordingly.
- Own total rewards strategy and implementation, i.e., compensation philosophy, market analysis, benefits, and HRIS.
- Implement company-wide workforce planning.
- Partner with senior leadership and the Director of Talent Acquisition to solidify and advance talent acquisition strategy.
- Refine and build upon existing onboarding experience to decrease new employee ramp-up time and increase employee engagement.
- Evolve and improve performance measurement, review processes, employee survey processes and goal-setting practices.
- Manage all aspects of an HR budget, including facilities, vendors, travel/expenses, and administrative support.
- 8-10+ years of human resource operations management experience in tech forward, high growth, fast-paced progressive environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, industrial and organizational psychology or related field.
- Knowledge of relevant local/state/federal/provincial employment laws.
- Proven leadership in building, managing, and coaching a Human Resources team to high performance; strong background in management and organizational effectiveness.
- Superb communication skills across all mediums - specifically in written communications, presentations, and in both verbal and nonverbal interpersonal communications.
- Ability to manage workflow for multiple projects, with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge and experience handling/supporting sponsorships and work visas.
- US work authorization
- MBA or advanced degree.
- Proven track record of building multi-site operations to scale
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, flexible work from home policy, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- Modern office, conveniently located in the Loop. Close to public transportation, great restaurants and beautiful city views.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW