VP, Human Capital Management (HCM)
- OppLoans is a socially responsible, profitable FinTech company that has grown 2000% over the last 3 years, and is backed by a global investment firm with $100M+ in AUMs.
- Recent accolades include being named one of the fastest-growing companies in the USA by Inc. Magazine’s list of 500, 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago, and 6th best company to work for nationally by Glassdoor.
- Customers love our product! We have been widely recognized as having the best customer experience in the industry. See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
- Employees love working here. We have an entrepreneurial and dynamic startup culture that also cares for our employees. Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
The VP of HCM is a critical member of OppLoans who will assume responsibility of our most valuable assets – our people and our culture. In this role, you will partner with the executive team to implement people programs that reinforce company culture, support employee and organization performance and drive professional growth. Our ideal candidate will be one that understands the importance of preserving and strengthening culture. In addition, she or he will be motivated by establishing and adapting processes and strategies which will have a long-term impact on growing our employees. This role will report directly to the CFO.
What you get to do:
- Build and manage an HCM team to lead all human capital pillars for the firm including organization structure, talent management, culture, compensation planning, benefits strategy, policies & procedures.
- Drive the talent growth of our organization - we have hired nearly 300 people in the last 3 years and expect to hire another 200 in the next 2 years.
- Transform performance based reward strategies that ensure the retention and acquisition of top talent. In addition, lead the financial planning, merit budget, job evaluation and salary structure components for the overall compensation system firmwide.
- Lead the HCM department to evaluate and ensure appropriate action is taken related to employee personnel matters; proactively implement procedures and policies to prevent future instances, while maintaining responsibility for organizational compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Assess current benefit strategies and evaluate long term strategic implementations that align and grow with the rapid expansion of the firm as well as improving the operational efficiency of open enrollment process.
- Propose short and long-term HRIS technology strategies and roadmaps. Collaborate with operations and technical staff, both internal and external, to achieve required HRIS results that support the firm’s rapid growth.
- Embody our core values while also leading diversity efforts to continue to build a Best Place to Work environment.
- Optimize data and reporting; identify synergies and other opportunities for enhancement of current systems, resources and processes for improved efficiency, quality, timeliness and accuracy of HR functions.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years in human resources management (Benefits, Compensation, Talent, Employee Relations, Strategy, Performance Management).
- Be self-motivated, effectively identify, analyze, develop solutions, be innovative and make decisions on complex or unique issues.
- Manage workflow, with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities .
- Establish relationships at all levels of the firm
- Great opportunities to influence brand, marketing department, and character of company.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- CTA & Metra benefit program.
- Free gym membership.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships.
- 401(k) match program.
- Free OppLoans apparel.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Fun, fast-paced work environment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Dynamic start-up culture and environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage firm.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Free health benefit options.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events (happy hours, massages, game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts, etc.).
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.