This leader brings a strong background and interest in joining the HR leadership team of our high-growth, public company. Our company has a capable and diverse team of employees across our manufacturing, retail, and shared services groups who have joined us through organic growth and acquisition. This is a critical leadership role to support our Retail team as we look to rapidly and sustainably scale. You will partner and collaborate with the People and Retail leadership teams to build and strategically support the Retail organization (structure, talent, culture) that aligns to our opportunities. This role will support change management and coach leaders through process implementation with a focus on building a high-performance team. You will serve as the business partner to our Retail Leadership team members and have a dedicated team of HR Business Partners who are geographically based. We are looking for someone with both deep and broad business and HR experience with a track record of developing cultures of engagement across a highly dynamic and evolving Retail footprint. Along with demonstrated skills and experience, we are looking for a leader who welcomes solving challenging problems, has exceptional business judgment and relationship skills, and enjoys hands-on connection to the field teams. This position is based at the Green Thumb headquarters in Chicago, IL, with regular travel to our 50+ retail store footprint.Roles
- Inspiring: Open and transparent communicator. Easily connects with employees at all levels. Inspires action and growth, has humility and good humor. Generally, comes across as optimistic and can-do. High EQ.
- Leading Change; Influencer: Demonstrated capability to support both teams and individuals through growth. Able to quickly understand both the intended and unintended consequences of each decision. Understands how each situation and decision fits into the strategic plans.
- Highly Adaptive: Thrives in environments that are fast-paced and ambiguous, where priorities can change quickly requiring quick response.
- Competent and Confident: Brings broad business expertise and perspective/opinion on people strategy, programs, and practices. Unafraid to hold a different opinion.
- Initiator and Driver: Brings appropriate focus and urgency to opportunities without losing sight of the big picture. Maintains focus on doing the work that matters – delivers high output and quality.
- Coach: Ability to build trusted relationships, provide feedback and meaningful support to continuously improve the leaders and culture. Experience and background in effective training and development approaches. Active leader – supporting across the national footprint.
- Relationship- and Bridge-builder: Prioritizes building relationships and establishing a strategic communication loop between the Corporate HR to HR Business Partners, Retail leadership at Corporate and Regional level.
- Partners with the People team leadership to propose and execute on people initiatives that align across the organization but are tailored to the Retail business needs and context.
- Serves as the business partner to Retail leadership and the HRBPs in the field.
- Develops regional HRBPs. Inspires team spirit and cultivates a process of ideas/wins-sharing for cross-pollination. Influences to build common process and policies where appropriate (e.g., recruiting/interviewing, attendance, discipline, onboarding). Provides counsel, backup, support.
- Partners with the CPO, Retail leadership and the HRBPs, and others as needed (e.g., Legal, Compliance) to identify HR priorities and opportunities to strengthen HR processes including in these areas: Organizational and workforce planning, culture and engagement initiatives, recruiting and pipeline management, onboarding, employee relations, performance management, recognition programs, compensation, M+A support and acquisition integration, policies and procedures, labor relations, compliance, training, benefits. Looks for opportunities to make processes more strategically meaningful; simplify or automate; benchmark and continuously improve.
- Supports effective leadership development focused on skills used at our locations.
- Supports and coaches leaders in compliance of regulations.
- Stays close to the Regional teams and proactively identifies and communicates employee or risk areas to the Retail business and HR leadership and recommends mitigation or response.
- Provides counsel on escalated employee relations or policy questions for successful resolution.
- Conducts and documents investigations.
- Directs the annual review process across the retail team.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 15+ years progressively responsible and hands-on business experience with premier, market-leading companies. Combination of large public companies and high-growth organizations, with experience in Retail, a must.
- Experience in high-growth and dynamic and national Retail brick and mortar footprint
- Entrepreneurial and pragmatic
- Operationally strong, detail obsessed. Sees the big picture and understands how things connect. Must be able to operate at both strategical and tactical levels and appreciates that sorting the details is a requirement
- Track record of partnering with the leadership team and hands-on execution
- Excellent writing skills – can package ideas simply and persuasively
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's jobs, qualifications, compensation, and administrative practices
- Enjoys spending time within the stores and engaging and building relationships with our teams and employees
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and can execute amid changing priorities
- Natural rapport-builder with exceptional collaboration, coaching, influencing, and facilitation skills
- Entrepreneurial and innovative, with a client-service and practical approach
- Personal commitment to the highest standards of work product, confidentiality, and integrity
- Proficient in HRIS systems with an ability to quickly adapt to new platforms
Read Full Job Description