VP of Human Resources at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a proactive, creative, and highly organized VP of Human Resources to join our company. In this role, you will oversee our company during one of its highest growth periods yet, and your work will set the tone for an organization supporting individuals working at some of the largest employers and companies in America.
Our employees are the backbone of everything we do here at PerkSpot. As the leader of our HR department, you will work with department heads and individual employees to ensure that every aspect of the organization is running efficiently and effectively. Through conversations with executives, managers, and employees, your work will serve to maintain our exceptional culture here at PerkSpot and motivate our workforce to reach their goals.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Human Resources Team
The Human Resources team at PerkSpot plays a crucial part in our success. By acting as a resource to future and current employees, the team is responsible for setting the tone of the company’s culture (and we’re VERY proud of our culture!). Beginning on day one, you’ll work with C-level leadership to assess the company’s main HR needs and strategize ways to meet them, while overseeing the company’s growth from 100 to 200+ employees.
Life as our VP of Human Resources:
- Becoming a trusted strategic HR partner to PerkSpot’s executives
- Developing and executing a comprehensive HR plan that aligns with the overall strategy of the business
- Identifying HR issues within PerkSpot’s organization and planning solutions to these issues according to priority
- Serving as the lead and subject matter expert on all aspects of payroll, benefits, and HR
- Standardizing important events during the employee experience including but not limited to: onboarding, offboarding, LOAs, performance reviews, promotions, etc.
- Assisting department head with organizational and team structure
- Overseeing recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and employee retention efforts
- Maintaining PerkSpot’s stellar company culture and long standing reputation
- Keeping tabs on ongoing HR industry changes and bringing relevant new developments to the PerkSpot organization
- Attending and running regular team and staff meetings to go over company goals, success benchmarks, and active HR/operations strategies
- Constantly devising ways to make the PerkSpot experience better and more effective for its customers
What we’re looking for:
- 10-15+ years of HR experience preferred, working for a growth-stage company with anywhere from 100-1,000 employees
- 3-5+ years of HR experience at the senior executive level
- Bachelor’s degree and/or applicable HR accreditations strongly preferred
- Experience strategizing and communicating complex HR ideas at the executive level
- Extensive experience working in payroll, benefits administration, ATS, and performance management systems; familiarity with Jazz HR a plus
- Past success in planning and executing a long-term HR plan, as well as enforcing its related policies
- Background in sourcing or recruiting a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an empathetic and positive approach to work
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work well within a team
- Desire to thrive within a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
Your First Few Months
From your first day, you’ll become immersed in PerkSpot’s exceptional company culture, and work to build relationships and understand how we do things here at PerkSpot. From there, you’ll identify the biggest HR pain points we need to address, as well as set up a timeline for less urgent issues. Throughout building and executing this action plan, we’ll trust you to align all of your goals with the business and industry as a whole, setting us up for long-term success.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.