Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving more than 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recognized as one of the best places to work, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Opportunity: We are seeking a VP, Human Resources to build and lead our HR business partnerships, comp and benefits (Total Rewards), and HR operations in support of our rapidly growing company. The VP, HR will be instrumental in supporting and developing a strong, positive culture with a high degree of employee engagement. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this person will play a key role across all aspects of the people function. Specific responsibilities include workforce planning, employee relations, compensation and benefits, M&A due diligence and integration, HRIS/HR operations, performance management, talent management, benefits, compensation, and diversity and inclusion.
A strong VP of HR at Litera will have a robust background across all people management and HR functional areas, experience growing and scaling a SaaS organization to over 1000 FTE's, supporting M&A due diligence requests and integration plans, private equity experience, and experience in a global matrixed organization.
A Day in the Life:
- Oversee strategic HR initiatives through to successful execution.
- Partner with and advise senior leadership on people-related strategy. Build relationships with Employees, Managers and Managing Directors/Execs to allow for trusted support, counsel, and partnership.
- Ensure all HR compliance and reporting requirements are met.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with Litera's strategy and priorities.
- Bring high-performing organizational approaches to elevate our talent management practices; facilitate bi-annual employee performance management process and lead talent reviews with Managing Directors/Execs across the organization.
- Maintain knowledge of legal changes, compliance requirements, and ensure global compliance across our HR practice areas.
- Oversee our benefits administration, working with our benefits broker and HRIS to ensure accurate data sharing and support for claims and other employee needs.
- Oversee timely payroll processing in US and work with partners for international payroll.
- Co-develop and implement an integrated D&I platform across all functions.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete New Hire Orientation program
- Meet key members across the org and learn the nuts and bolts of our business, and where we're going.
- Familiarize yourself with our current HR programming and build relationships with your direct team.
- Shadow US and UK payroll process.
- Audit current payroll, benefits, e-verify, HR onboarding, HR templates (PIPs, Severance, etc.) and other processes for compliance and to provide feedback for consideration
- Define HRBP role
- Review HR dashboard with Chief People Officer and begin to track data regularly
- Access ADP Workforce now and complete admin training
- Access TinyPulse platform and complete admin training
- Meet with team; start 1:1s, daily stand ups, etc.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Directly oversee global payroll (with exception to India)
- Provide analysis from monthy TinyPulse surveys
- Begin to build out HR team to support the global organization
- Be co-leading the HR project plan of at least one newly acquired organization
- Make recommendations on process improvements and systems to automate and drive efficiencies
- Assist the Chief People Officer in pulling together Board Deck
- Run point on performance management and calibration process
- Provide oversight and guidance to employee resource groups (Employee Engagement, Diversity & Inclusion Champions, Corporate Social Responsibility Team)
Within 6 months, you will:
- Have strategic HR Business Partnerships in place across the organization
- Define the long-term strategic HR roadmap and calendar for the org
- Oversee People team budget
- Hire and onboard HR team members
- Work with the VP, People & Change on succession planning for senior leadership team
- Assist with M&A due diligence requests
- Work with VP, People and Change to lead the organization through strategic changes
- Work with Finance on 2022 workforce planning and budget process
- You have experience as VP, People (or similar) in a SaaS technology company
- You have experience in a high growth environment scaling from 400-1000 employees
- You have managed a globally dispersed workforce, ideally with a matrixed structure
- You have PE and M&A experience and have run point on project managing the M&A HR integration plan to completion
- You have both strategic and deep operational experience across HR compliance, compensation, benefits, employee engagement and talent management.
- You excel in rapidly changing environments and are able to operate autonomously
- You are data-oriented with strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail
- You come with demonstrated ability to build competency and performance metrics across all functions within an organization
- You keep yourself up to date on new local and global compliance regulations along with HR best practices
- You are a collaborative team pleayer with a proven ability to roll up your sleeves and get dirty
- A strong desire to keep learning new things!
What Sets us Apart?
- Exposure to PE firm, M&A and rapid growth
- Direct exposure to Sr Leadership team and ability to influence at the Executive level
- Ability to directly influence people programs for a global organization
- Super laid-back environment where hustle goes a long way and work is enjoyable
- Great opportunity to get into a fast-growing company and build something big
- Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA plus company sponsored STD, LTD and Life insurance
- No-wait, 401k plan with generous company match
- You'll be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills
- Regular social & philanthropic events
- Participation in internal management development program