VP, Talent Development at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. Our Talent team hires and supports the development of our people who enable our organization to be on the leading edge of change in healthcare.
We are looking for an innovative Talent Development executive to join our rapidly scaling, Chicago-based team! Reporting to the Chief Talent Officer, the success and impact of this individual is directly tied to the front-line transformation of healthcare delivery. The VP, Talent Development will be responsible for designing, executing, and measuring a development strategy to support a dynamic, fast-paced, and high-growth environment. Building successful working relationships across the enterprise, this individual will collaborate to construct and implement innovative team member integration, career development, and learning programming that engages a functionally diverse employee base in their career journey with VillageMD and creates measurable impact to enterprise talent metrics and business outcomes tied to our organizational strategy. A can-do attitude, hands on approach, demonstrated success navigating ambiguity, and high degree of humility are requirements for assimilation into our highly collaborative and entrepreneurial culture.
What are some examples of work you’ll be managing at VillageMD?
- Partnering with cross-functional senior leaders and talent colleagues to assess needs, building a development and engagement strategy and underlying plan that supports all functional areas of VillageMD
- Assessing organizational learning; constructing innovative ways to package experience and learning programming that enhances employee happiness as well as effectiveness in role execution and advancement
- Building innovative programs that build management capacity across the organization; package our management philosophy to develop, implement and measure management education in support of our growing middle-management layer in preparation for scaling both culture and organizational execution
- Analyzing talent and business KPIs to understand existing development gaps, creating programs for internal career development support that align with both business and talent strategy
- Working across the enterprise to define and implement a career mobility framework that clarifies personal development opportunities, creates transparency across the functions of the business and arms both leaders and employees with the tools to ably chart an internal career course
- Partnering with talent acquisition and executive leadership to own workforce planning including identification of critical skill gaps and the requirements to upskill workforce segments in support of broader business strategy
- Recommending appropriate learning delivery modality (e.g., classroom, on demand, virtual classroom, performance support, blended learning), and buying, building, and/or redesigning solutions as needed to both facilitate and measure these approaches
- Ensure that all career and advancement programming is equitable, recognizing diversity gaps, and actively building support for the engagement and advancement of underrepresented team members at VillageMD
What will make you successful here?
- You are a business-minded people leader and a functional learning and development expert who can thrive in a culture that is fast paced, results oriented and fanatical about business service in all things Talent
- Superior communication skills with a focus on consistent and timely follow-up and follow-through with business stakeholders
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation including measurement and continued innovation to meet the changing needs of a quickly evolving organization
- A bias for action and pragmatic, yet creative, “outside the box” solutions that prove you to be a valuable business partner and position VillageMD as an employer of choice
- A strong orientation toward data and measurement; you can use complex high quantity information to effectively solve problems.
- Executive coaching and development skills that engender the trust and credibility to effectively partner with leaders
- A passion for and demonstrated track record of thinking creatively around organization-specific needs that translates into operationalizing early career development and internal talent processes in support of building career journeys internally
- You have an unparalleled sense of urgency and commitment to getting stuff done without sacrificing quality or experience
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and can manage multiple competing priorities while continuing to advance critical initiatives
- You are self-assured and have a high tolerance for ambiguity and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You inspire followship across multiple dimensions of a business, but especially with your team and inspire talent to outperforming team outcomes and expectations
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or Organizational Development related field required
- Minimum of 10 years’ of developing and facilitating learning in a business setting
- Strong leadership experiences including demonstrated success in high-growth businesses building a function and scaling a team with thought, intention and organizational stewardship
- Understanding of training principles, learning theories, organizational development, instructional design, eLearning and program management
- General understanding of the healthcare industry and experience working across functionally diverse teams
- Proven relationship management skills including a strong customer service orientation
- Positive attitude and outlook manifested in a solutions-oriented approach
- Flexible work style to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and manage last-minute changes with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail and track record of developing high quality learning experiences
- Contemporary adult learning expertise including instructional design, LMS, MOOCs, classroom (physical/virtual) training, digital learning and technology
- Prior experience working directly with senior leadership (CTO/CEO/Business Leaders)
- Ability to travel as needed (in non-pandemic times)
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.