Implementation Business Analyst (CTE Consultant)
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Implementation Business Analyst
SAP Fieldglass is currently seeking an Implementation Business Analyst to complete software implementation projects. The Implementation Business Analyst will be responsible for executing/managing implementation activities as well as considered a subject matter expert in the SAP Fieldglass application. They will be called upon to consult on best practices in the Vendor Management Industry. This role will be based in our Chicago office. Responsibilities include:
- Working with an assigned Project Manager to present best practice workflows to client/partner, and appropriately responding to clients’ needs
- Leading business requirements gathering sessions and design workshops with client/partner and translating them into Fieldglass configuration
- Driving customer behavior towards best in class solutions
- Ensuring that client configuration and business requirements documents are accurate, complete, and signed off by client/partner
- Configuring the test and production environments; uploading data; conducting demonstrations for clients/partner
- Responding to client requests by staging data in test environment and performing appropriate tests to determine if ideas work; communicating results back to clients/partners along with possible alternative solutions
- Participating in user acceptance testing
- Requesting, analyzing, identifying, communicating, and reconciling gaps in client data while remaining cognizant of project milestones
- Identifying gaps in the quality or quantity of client data and ensuring the data fits the formats required; completing test uploads, reviewing error logs, and resolving accordingly
- Actively contributing to product knowledge through self-study, meeting attendance, and project participation
We’re Looking For
- 3+ years software implementation/support experience, preferably within a technology organization supporting web hosted applications. SAP Fieldglass application knowledge is a plus
- Experience and/or understanding of the Managed Services Provider and/or Vendor Management industry
- Understanding/application of Implementation methodology
- Demonstrated ability to understand and manage client expectations
- Willingness and ability to take direction and coaching from teammates
- Technical aptitude, strong problem solving, and analytical skills
- “Out of the box”, quick thinking while utilizing documentation and best practices
- Ability to ask for help and feels comfortable approaching others
- Ability to learn complex concepts and subjects under a variety of conditions including formal and informal training as well as on the job coaching and through trial and error; participates in self-study and active learning with the goal of becoming a product subject matter expert
- Demonstrated detail-orientation with strong organizational skills, including the ability to self-manage time and tasks
- Able to work with ambiguity
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to interact with clients, partners, and internal teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a go-getter. A demonstrated sense of initiative. Able to identify and solve problems to help one’s organization operate efficiently.
- Advanced Excel skills, including Pivot Tables, VLookups; exposure to Visual Basic
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Visio, and exposure to MS Project as well as a variety of Internet browsers Experience in SQL queries, basic understanding of relational databases, ad hoc report development
- Experience writing and/or executing test scripts and prior programming and project management experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or Relevant experience preferred
- Ability to travel 20-40%
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.