Incident Response Analyst
What We Do
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do
The Hackers & Hunters team is responsible for uncovering unknown vulnerabilities, threats and malicious activity across the entire Uptake technology stack (hardware/software) and environment. We’re looking for someone to join our team as an Incident Response Analyst, although the nature of our team means you’ll still be exposed to the full range of red and blue team activities. You are someone who enjoys solving complex puzzles and helping to keep people safe – both from talented adversaries and their own human errors. Our team will use all our creativity and computer hacking skills to provide a high degree of assurance to the Director of Hackers and Hunters, Chief Information Security Officer and the Uptake Security team that all unknowns are uncovered, documented, communicated and tracked.
Some of the things you may find yourself doing
- Work on continuous proactive/reactive investigation and response activities/initiatives as well as assisting in penetration testing or red team exercises as needed
- Act as a technical security consultant to internal teams on both hardware and software development
- Participate in incident response and occasional red team activities
- Tell and demonstrate clear and easy to understand stories based upon activity results to drive a continuous education process internally
- Guide/lead mitigation strategies for identified vulnerabilities and threats
- Find yourself testing unique devices, assets, and machines that no one else is testing
- At least 2-3 years of experience in incident response or forensics, and 5+ years playing around with all things hacking, reverse engineering, or similar work.
- Deep knowledge of practices and methods of IT strategy, enterprise architecture and security architecture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Think through complex problems and develop creative solutions
- Incident response or forensics consulting/in-house experience.
- Threat intelligence experience.
- A love for Rick Astley and/or an active member of the information security community.
- Know computers, networks, and attackers inside and out.
Why Work Here
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.