2018 Northern Illinois University Campus Innovator
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
The Campus Innovator is a unique employment opportunity for the students of Northern Illinois University. Come join our exclusive team with a focus on research, innovation and development. Campus Innovators will have access to a state-of-the art Discover Lab located in the center of campus at the Founders Memorial Library. This provides students a great balance of taking classes and experiencing real work in our company culture. Students will also interact and network with Discover mentors and management.
Do you challenge the status quo? Great, so does Discover. We are looking for students with a passion for exploration of new ideas, collaboration in agile teams on problem solving, designing new solutions, and developing applications. Students will be given the opportunity to work with and research new technologies that Discover could leverage in the future, as well as present their ideas and work to their peers, program managers and other Discover representatives. We want students who live our values to make an impact, empower each other, build quality software and be transparent.
- Produce high quality products through the tenants of XP (extreme programming)
- Assist with creating and maintaining a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipeline to build, test, and deploy code
- Embrace an API mindset to support internal and external requests
- Actively participate and contribute in team agile ceremonies
- Ensure solutions address security, availability, and maintainability needs
- Learn new technologies and explore proof of concepts
- Presentations and demos to peers
- Must be enrolled at Northern Illinois University
- Must be an undergraduate Junior or Senior at Fall 2018
- Working towards developing expertise in such areas such as computer science, computer engineering, informatics, management information systems, information security, networking, telecommunications or a related discipline
- A minimum of 3.0 major GPA on a 4.0 grade point scale
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- Passion for learning
- Strong collaborator
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.