2020 Project Management Intern
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
About the Team:
As a Project Management Intern you will be working under Rally’s Project Management Office (PMO). The PMO is responsible for leading the successful execution of Rally’s top business, product, and engineering initiatives. We leverage the best in class Agile practices in order to deliver quality products/solutions predictably and on time.
Your day to day:
- Provide project management support to project managers on a product development team
- Learn how to use project management tools to complete specific tasks: Jira, Confluence, Smartsheets, and Google Suite
- Shadow other project managers and have the opportunity to contribute in an agile development environment running Scrum teams
- Create weekly status reports for smaller level projects and conduct some Agile ceremonies; e.g. Daily Stand Up, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospectives
- Identify potential process improvements within your teams and time permitting, get buy in from key stakeholders and roll out process by the end of the internship
Your core responsibilities:
Have the opportunity to provide intake and project management support for one of Rally’s multiple company solution groups located in San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; or Washington, D.C. At one of these team locations, you’ll assume the following core responsibilities:
- Interim Scrum Master for Triage team
- Release Management ("Air Traffic Controller" for all outbound code deployments)
- Project Management Skills (CAPacity planning, project planning, sprint planning, etc.)
- Aggregate Performance Metrics (e.g. sprint team velocity and turbulence)
- Weekly Security Access Requests (ensure on-call developers receive proper access)
- Well organized, strong attention to detail, and the ability to carry out tasks independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences
- Develops strong relationships built on mutual respect and a focus on continuous improvement
- Strives when working as part of a dynamic team in either unknown or predictable environments
- Pursuing a BS or Masters degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Interest in the overall software development lifecycle (SDLC): project and/or program management, change management, agile, waterfall, lean, rapid iteration, product management, engineering, experience design (XD), customer support triage, process improvement, operational excellence, on-time, predictable, quality!
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).