At OppLoans, interns make a real-world impact, handling projects that require higher-level thinking, collaboration, and leadership. Interns operate as full-time team members and have been responsible for creating systems, tools, and practices that tangibly improve our bottom line and are still used today.
As a participant in our internship program, you'll be part of a cohort of interns across 13 departments. In addition to the work you'll do within your department, you'll get to know your fellow interns through a variety of collaborative projects and virtual social events.
We provide interns with career development opportunities including regular lunch and learns with leadership team members and a buddy program that pairs each intern with a tenured employee who serves as a friend and mentor. Our full-time employee base boasts a robust population of 20+ former interns, and whenever possible, we aim to extend full-time offers to interns who perform at a high level and achieve their summer goals.
This is a 10-week paid summer internship, and our 2021 internship program will be conducted in a fully virtual capacity.The Team
The Accounting Team sits within the Finance department at OppLoans. As our Accounting Intern, you'll report directly to our Assistant Controllers. The Accounting Intern will participate in many aspects of the accounting process, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable, month-end close, and other tasks and projects.Responsibilities
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Process vendor invoices.
- Submit journal entries, complete account reconciliations.
- Analyze general ledger transactions and accounts, using technical judgment, to ensure that financial transactions are recorded correctly
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative office responsibilities.
- Gain familiarity and working knowledge of our internal general ledger system.
- Assist Accounting Leads and Assistant Controller with monthly close process.
- Ad-hoc financial analysis including potential for inter-department projects.
- Pursuing bachelor's degree in Accounting, or equivalent work/internship experience.
- Graduating in June 2022 or earlier.
- Ability to troubleshoot with minimal direction.
- Ability to adapt to multiple cloud-based/online financial platforms.
- The willingness to take on new tasks and broaden scope of responsibilities.
- Proficient in Excel, including VLookups and pivot tables.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].