2021 Business Communications Internship at OppLoans
At OppLoans, interns make a real-world impact, handling projects that require higher-level thinking, collaboration, and leadership. Interns operate as full-time team members and have been responsible for creating systems, tools, and practices that tangibly improve our bottom line and are still used today.
As a participant in our internship program, you'll be part of a cohort of interns across 13 departments. In addition to the work you'll do within your department, you'll get to know your fellow interns through a variety of collaborative projects and virtual social events.
We provide interns with career development opportunities including regular lunch and learns with leadership team members and a buddy program that pairs each intern with a tenured employee who serves as a friend and mentor. Our full-time employee base boasts a robust population of 20+ former interns, and whenever possible, we aim to extend full-time offers to interns who perform at a high level and achieve their summer goals.
This is a 10-week paid summer internship, and our 2021 internship program will be conducted in a fully virtual capacity.The Team
This position sits within the Operations department at OppLoans. As our Business Communications Intern, you will work with sales and operations leadership to deliver sales reporting, analyses, and insights to accelerate the growth of our business.Responsibilities
- Help communicate and socialize change management programs through partnering with leadership.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and present findings to the leadership team and key partners.
- Use data to communicate recommendations for operational improvement areas.
- Create contact center communications based on new projects (e.g. changes in process, new products) ensuring multiple touchpoints and communication methods.
- Create and organize Standard Operating Procedures and speaking points.
- Manage the communications central repository for internal team members (Intranet site and Spoke).
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree, in Communications or a related field.
- Graduating in June 2022 or earlier.
- Ability to pinpoint areas for improvement within processes and communicate recommendations to leadership.
- Change management experience.
- Interest in putting communications and documentation skills to use in a corporate setting.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].