2021 Business Technology Internship Program – Software Engineer (Undergraduate) at Discover
At Discover, you will never stop learning. We are looking for people driven by purpose, who want to help us change the game in financial services. We were founded in 1986, and now have over 16,000 employees. Together we are dedicated to helping people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more for a brighter financial future.
By joining us, you will be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. We are as focused on our employees as we are on our customers – and we have been consistently awarded for both. Be the reason we help millions of people build a brighter financial future, and achieve yours along the way.Job Description
Responsible for working on a variety of technology projects and initiatives aligned with Discover's high-priority goals that will provide you with business, industry and technological knowledge.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze system events/alerts, procedures, and/or problems to improve capabilities, performance or security.
- Participate in collaborative teams to design, develop and test computer systems using modern development frameworks.
- Leverage Agile software development methodologies to define and review business requirements for new services, functions or applications.
- Prototype data-driven solutions by integrating various open-source components and real-time data repositories.
How You’ll Do It
- Analyze system events, alerts or procedures to restore normal functioning or improve capabilities, performance and security.
- Define and review business requirements for new services, functions or applications, leveraging Agile software development methodologies.
- Design, develop and test new application or system capabilities using modern development frameworks.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, informatics, management information systems, information security, networking and telecommunications or a related discipline
- GPA Minimum of 3.0
- Graduation Date between Dec 2021 and June 2022
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.