2021 Discover Law Summer Associate Program at Discover
At Discover, you will never stop learning. We are looking for people driven by purpose, who want to help us change the game in financial services. We were founded in 1986, and now have over 16,000 employees. Together we are dedicated to helping people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more for a brighter financial future.
By joining us, you will be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. We are as focused on our employees as we are on our customers – and we have been consistently awarded for both. Be the reason we help millions of people build a brighter financial future, and achieve yours along the way.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Participate in a variety of projects in the areas of litigation, banking, public company, contracts, consumer credit, and regulatory relations in order to get a sense of the industry and gain practical experience.
- Perform a variety of administrative and legal research duties to assist attorneys at the company. Responsibilities include researching cases, assisting attorneys and paralegals in preparing court documents, and performing other responsibilities as needed.
How You’ll Do It
- Handle challenging project assignments that support the Law Department’s priorities and objectives.
- Participate in ongoing development training.
- Assist mentor in preparing new legal documents. Help mentors (for example, by conducting extensive research) in preparing legal papers.
- Conduct research for the legal cases assigned to them. Provide inputs while the legal reports and opinions are being prepared.
- Record court hearings or jot down important points during court hearings.
- Gain exposure to a wide range of consumer lending and banking legal issues inherent in a diversified financial services company.
- Build cross-functional knowledge, experience, and contacts across the department.
- Gain access and exposure to senior leadership.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- 1+ years of experience in law or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.