2021 Tech Internship at OppFi
- Web service development.
- Financial data analytics.
- Loan automation.
- Credit scoring.
- Data persistence and searching.
- Machine learning.
- API development.
- Full stack web development.
- Infrastructure as Code.
- CI/CD Pipelines.
- 2022 graduation date (required).
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience using a modern programming language in academic or previous internship experience. Our collective team background includes Ruby, Python, Node.js, Erlang, Java, Clojure, Apex, and C++. Show us you've solved non-trivial engineering problems with your language and we’ll be interested in you.
With faster funding, significantly lower rates, total transparency, and unmatched customer service, OppLoans provides non-prime borrowers a safe and reliable alternative to payday lending.
Founded in 2012, OppLoans is one of the highest-rated online lenders and service providers in the industry, offering or facilitating emergency bridge financing to non-prime borrowers in a rapidly growing number of states. With fast funding, significantly lower rates, total transparency, and unmatched customer service, OppLoans provides consumers nationwide with a reliable, socially responsible alternative to payday lending. Half of all Americans have subprime credit scores and can’t qualify for a traditional bank loan, while 57% have less than $1,000 in their savings accounts. When a sudden car repair or medical or family expense happens, these consumers are forced to choose between predatory payday loans, additional credit card debt, or bank overdraft fees.
OppLoans fights back against “predatory” players by offering an unheard-of level of transparency, support, and social responsibility in our emergency credit products. To keep that fight going, we need sharp, skillful, and hard-working individuals like yourself to help us remove barriers between underbanked Americans and the emergency credit they need. Reach out to us at [email protected] or visit our careers page to learn more.
We are headquartered in downtown Chicago’s historic Prudential Building overlooking Millennium Park. Recent accolades for OppLoans include: - Ranked on the Inc. 500 List for three consecutive years. - Named 6th Best Place to Work Nationally by Glassdoor. - Named one of the Country’s Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine.