2023 Data Science Graduate - Expression of Interest at Optiver (Chicago, IL)
Please note, our formal applications for our graduate Data Science positions are currently closed. However, we’d love to stay in touch for 2023 opportunities!
Register below to join our talent community and be the first to know when our 2023 roles open. We'll keep you updated on upcoming opportunities and events for students.
Life as an Optiver Data Scientist:
Optiver may be best known for its skillful trading talent, but the teamwork that happens beyond the trading floor is what sets us apart. Our Data Scientists are no exception and serve on the front lines to help our Traders stay agile, innovative and accurate. Working directly with our Traders to find new and improved methods to how we do business, our Data Scientists are an imperative piece of our organization.
As a Data Scientist, you can expect to do the following:
- Quantitatively analyze trade and market data
- Use a multitude of mathematical techniques to identify patterns in financial markets
- Collaborate with Traders and Data Scientists to develop strategies based on identified patterns
- Rigorously back-test prototyped trading strategies
What you’ll need:
- Internship or research experience is preferred, but not required
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer science or STEM-related field
- Proficiency with Python
- A solid understanding of statistics and mathematics
- Experience working with and analyzing large data sets
- The ability to think independently and work collaboratively with Traders and Developers
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening.
Data Science at Optiver:
At Optiver, our Data Scientists leverage statistical analysis and data mining to assist in developing new trading strategies as well as refine existing ones. You will be responsible for quantitative analysis, research, and tool development. As members of the Trading Team, Data Scientists sit on our trading floor and collaborate with Traders to understand and solve complex problems.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]