Account Management Intern
About the role:
We are looking for highly motivated and innovative applicants to participate in our Paid Summer Internship Program as a member of our Account Management team. This team is responsible for establishing strong relationships with our customers and helping them to successfully use our products and services. We work closely with all departments and especially our sales team as we are responsible for customer contract renewals and upsells of additional products and services.
Applicants should be detail-oriented, eager to learn, resourceful, and team players and interested in working with customers, and our internal sales, implementation, and support teams. Specifically, this internship program is open to all students entering their junior or senior year in college as an undergraduate, students within their graduate degree programs, as well as recent college graduates. Applicants must be available to commit 40 hours per week.
The Account Management intern will provide support services to Label Insight Account Management team and with selected customers directly. The Account Management intern will be responsible for working alongside the Account Management team to support customer onboarding initiatives, product implementation services, customer training, customer reporting, and many other supporting activities.
- Support the develop of comprehensive customer account plans.
- Work with the team to create customer newsletters, assist with the customer blog, and directly support customer follow-up activities from the Account Management sales process.
- Support the Account Managers in their scheduled customer calls.
- Provide special Business Intelligence reporting to our customers with the assistance of the account management team members.
- Assist in monitoring and assisting our customers in their SmartLabel page creation process.
- Provide follow-up as directed by the account management team.
- Entering junior or senior year of college, within a graduate school program, or a recent college graduate studying business management, business operations, computer related technology but not as a development engineer.
- Strong interest in business development, business process, sales or account management, customer success.
- Incredible attention to detail and drive towards high quality work.
- Excellent communication skills oral, written, presentation and the ability to easily speak to customers.
- Ability to think independently and still take direction.
At the end of this internship you will be able to:
- Have experience working at a unique and dynamic startup company that is extremely fast paced.
- Have experience as an integral part of a customer facing account management team that is focused on customer growth and expansion.
- Work directly with Label Insight customers and the internal teams supporting those customers.
- Work on customer communications including Blogs, quarterly newsletters, customer product updates, customer product delivery, and follow-up.
- Research customer issues, create detailed analysis and reports ensuring issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Participate in the internal process for recording customer requests, tracking those requests, and delivering the results back to the customer.
- Work with some of the nation's largest retailers helping them to implement their wellness initiatives (shelf tag programs).
- Define and set smart goals enabling progress reports throughout your internship and assigned project lifecycle.
- Become familiar with the business process for supporting customers, ensuring their success, and continued use of Label Insight products.
Who we are:
Label Insight was founded with the mission of helping consumers understand what’s in the products they use and consume. Today, our world class, venture backed, SaaS data platform is solving transparency for the entire industry. Our unique team is made up of talented engineers and data scientists, who work alongside food science and nutrition experts and product formulation specialists, who enable the enriched attribution capability of our tools. We’ve also attracted top senior executive talent with decades of leadership experience to help manage our rapid growth and scale. Learn more about Label Insight, our culture, and our employees here.
- Transparency: We’re transparent and open about our work.
- Collaboration: We’re team players. We support and trust our co-workers, celebrate each other’s wins and learn from each other’s failures. We work to create an environment where everyone can thrive.
- Iteration and Innovation: We’re not afraid to challenge assumptions, make suggestions for better solutions, try new ideas, or take smart risks. We challenge the status quo, and feel safe to make mistakes knowing we can learn from them rather than repeat them.
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We pursue the best answer, not proving ourselves right. We are aware of our own biases and admit when we’re wrong. We’re willing to ask for help when we need it.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our own work quality, problems and solutions, and how our actions affect those around us.
- Quality Driven: We strive for quality in our work and our approach to our role. We make data-driven decisions.