Accounting Internship (Starting February 2020)
LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company on a mission.
We believe easy-to-use, flexible technology can alter the trajectory of an organization and improve the lives of its employees. It’s this very spirit that drives us to build and deliver a SaaS platform that brings unprecedented clarity, collaboration, and accountability to our clients’ governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) processes. Join our fast-growing, passionate team of innovators as we continue to disrupt the multi-billion-dollar GRC industry.
We are currently seeking an intern to join our Business Operations team. In this internship, you’ll learn how a SaaS startup operates by managing accounts receivable, assisting in monthly close, and working directly with external auditors. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure and hands-on experience in a high-growth startup environment. You’ll be part of a collaborative, high-performing team, and have the chance to work on real projects that directly impact our business.
Responsibilities & Outcomes
- Accounts Receivable - Manage Account Receivable on a weekly basis, including sending invoices to customers and communicating with customers when needed - all while keeping a positive customer experience top of mind.
- Monthly Close - Assist in Month End Close process by preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis.
- Accounts Payable - Ensure proper classification of business expenses in Quickbooks
- Audit - Assist with the completion of the Fiscal Year Audit by gathering information and supporting documents.
- FP&A - Create ad-hoc financial reports and slides. Take on additional projects to learn more about FP&A and office operations.
- Sophomore, junior, or senior currently enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate program.
- Accounting major preferred.
- Strong excel skills preferred.
- Passion for LogicGate’s mission and eagerness to contribute to a fast-growing tech company.
This internship is available as a part-time position during the school year and full-time position during the summer. To learn what past interns have said about interning at LogicGate, check out our Twitter page.
At LogicGate, every member of our team moves the needle. With a firm footing in our core company values, we’ve built a fast-paced, demanding work culture that allows for the flexibility, autonomy, and career opportunities you’d expect from a growing company.
We offer competitive benefits including:
- Weekly catered lunches
- Open-concept office space featured in ChicagoInno’s Office Envy Series
- The chance to make an immediate impact and do the best work of your life
- Special off-site summer event just for interns
LogicGate’s Core Values
- Own It - Be self-driven, entrepreneurial, and efficient
- Raise the Bar - Challenge complacency and mediocrity; be adaptable and agile; details matter
- Be As One - Trust, collaborate, and support; invest in co-workers and clients
- Embrace Curiosity - Always be learning, be curious and share; be humbled but not embarrassed by mistakes
- Do the Right Thing - Act with integrity, even when no one is looking; be transparent
- Empower Clients - Create solutions where customers win
At LogicGate, we value diversity of culture and background for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. LogicGate is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Different makes us better.
This position is open to applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.