PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
PEAK6 is currently offering the opportunity for a paid internship with our Finance team. This internship can begin immediately, working 20 hours per week, with the option to expand to 40 hours as desired.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Assist Accounts Payable department
- Match invoices with purchase orders
- Code and enter vendor invoices to the accounts payable GL system
- Process wire and EFT payment batches in bank system.
- Print AP checks
- Produce monthly AP & vendor reports
- Assist FP&A department with building various reports
- Assist with other accounting duties and special projects as needed
- Currently pursuing degree in Accounting or Finance
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability and perseverance to solve problems with minimal oversight
- Strong technical aptitude and willingness to learn new systems
- Ability to professionally interact with onsite staff and management
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks within an established timeline
- Must be a team player and capable of working in a fast paced environment