Analytics Intern at Tribune Publishing
This position assists the team in quantitative and qualitative analysis identifying key market statistics and interpreting findings across all areas of the organization. This role will be part of a team that is responsible for ad-hoc analysis as well as ongoing reports and dashboards. This role will require the ability to synthesize and leverage large datasets. The ideal candidate is a motivated team player, high performer with keen analytical and data skills, and is detail oriented.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, and identifies root causes using SAS or SQL
- Helps to build dashboards in Tableau that will be used across the organization
- Strong knowledge of relational databases- ability to pull data from multiple sources to satisfy requests, and also integrate data across sources
- Create modeling datasets by merging information from various internal and external data sources. Create attributes from raw data that will be used as inputs into the modeling process.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, management information systems, mathematics or statistics
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in data analytics, performance measurement, optimization, and data modeling
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools including skills to develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, or other business intelligence analysis software applications for data segmentation, aggregation, and statistics.
- Tableau Knowledge is a plus
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Creative presentation skills for visualizing information and analytics in a simple, easy, understood and actionable way
- Attention to detail/quality and comfortable working with large data sets
- Creative, technically strong, excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to accurately reflect results.
- Works well in a team environment but should be able to work individually with minimal supervision
- Able to effectively balance multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to proactively identify gaps and improve the status quo