Architecture Engineer Internship (Summer 2019)
Job Description Summary
CCC Jumpstart Summer Internship Program
Our program is designed to #CCCJumpstart your career! At CCC, you will work and learn alongside innovative and inspiring leaders and gain valuable experience working on real business solutions in a corporate setting. You will also have an opportunity to participate in unique events throughout the summer from professional development workshops to Lunch and Learn events with CCC colleagues and leaders
Joining CCC as a Java Software Engineering, you will gain experience with software engineering, product development, and understanding the business case for why our products are created. This opportunity is a paid, full-time, summer internship. There will be two cohorts for the upcoming CCC Jumpstart class:
- May 20th, 2019 - August 16th, 2019
- June 24th, 2019 – September 13th, 2019
You will work on one or more projects that involves designing business solutions using some of the following cutting-edge technologies/platforms
- Scalable Application Architecture
- API based application development. (Java, Python)
- Microservices Implementation Patterns (API composition and CRQS)
- API Gateway Systems, API management toolchains (Kong, Apigee, 3Scale)
- Database Development, Modelling and Architecture
- SQL programming ( ANSI-SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft TSQL )
- Transactional Processing SQL Databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Analytical Processing SQL Data ware houses (AWS RedShift)
- KV, document and column-oriented NoSQL Databases (DynamoDB, HBase)
- Distributed Systems / Large scale Analytical Processing
- Distributed compute and storage systems (Spark and HDFS)
- Data ingestion pipeline development frameworks (NiFi, Stream Sets)
- Distributed Data Processing SQL Dialects (Spark SQL, HiveQL)
- Distributed Stream Processing Frameworks (Spark Streaming, Kafka Streaming/KSQL)
- Cloud and Cloud Native Platforms
- Public, Private and Hybrid cloud platforms (AWS, OpenStack)
- Cloud Native computing foundations (Kubernetes, Dockers)
- Platform-as-a-Service Stacks (OpenShift, Cloud Foundry)
- Core Infrastructure Systems
- Infrastructure Virtualization/Hypervisor tech. (VMWare’s VSphere, KVM
- High Performance Computing/GPU Compute Stack (Nvidia GPU, CUDA)
- Data Storage Infrastructure Systems (SAN, NAS and DAS)
- Block, File and Object data storage services (NFS, SMB, Ceph )
- Cloud-Datacenter, Local Area and Storage Area Networks (AWS Direct Connect, TCP/IP, Fiber Channel)
- Identify Management Systems (Microsoft AD, Redhat IPA, Okta)
- Messaging Frameworks, Application Integrators
- Ultra-low latency messaging frameworks (Kafka, Rabbit MQ, Redis)
If you have completed your junior year at a top-tier university for a bachelor’s degree, or in a master’s and/or PhD program and have demonstrated excellence in your academic studies, this opportunity is right for you. We are looking for candidates with sharp technical, communication and collaborative skills who can work well within a fast-paced environment. Critical and creative thinking, mathematical, statistical, analytical and problem-solving skills are highly valuable.
You are not expected to be familiar with all the technologies listed above. However, a strong academic background in computer science/engineering or electrical engineering or related fields is essential to your success in the internship program.
Few years of strong coding skills in one or more of the following languages.
- Fluency in Java /JEE Programming
- Experience working with Spring, REST and Hibernate frameworks
- Experience with SQL Programming with any RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL server)
- Angular, jQuery and React web front end programming
- Proficient with Python / PySpark programming
- Scala Programming for Spark based data processing
- Go for Kubernetes or Docker environments
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!