Arity - Customer Support Intern
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Sales Engineering team uses knowledge of mobile application development and platform services to assist potential customers in their understanding and evaluation of Arity products and services.
This is a 12 week long Summer 2019 internship at Arity. The Sales Engineering Intern is responsible for explaining Arity products and services to potential customers (leads). The Sales Engineering Intern coordinates with architecture, engineering, and product development teams to ensure understanding of the features and benefits, as well as the technical integration of these products. The Sales Engineering Intern will develop broad platform services knowledge and deep application knowledge in both mobile development and API integration concepts. The Sales Engineering Intern ensures a smooth transition of customers from prospect to onboarding and handoff to Customer Success.
- Collaborate with various product, marketing and engineering teams to gain deep insights into the value proposition of our products and services.
- Work with our products and services in a hands-on manner to gain insight into the technical integration and implementation of our technology in mobile applications and back end systems.
- Involve leadership from technology areas to present and deliver complex solutions. Act as the bridge between the product development and the customer’s engineering resources. Help internal teams communicate externally with prospective customers.
- Maintain awareness of current-state application environments and business drivers.
- Provide consulting and coaching for product and marketing teams, so that they may understand the needs and desires of the customer.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to pre-sales technical questions and help customers evaluate our technology solutions.
- Influence clients and partners to prioritize Arity platform features and capabilities. Help customers adopt technology solutions that leverage existing patterns, practices, roadmaps and architecture direction.
- Provide visibility into future state of performance and capacity of platform services through customer interaction, reporting, and review sessions with leadership.
- Produce presentation assets and interactive product demonstrations to support the technical content of our sales effort.
- Track customer interactions in Salesforce (or current CRM platform), with meaningful insights into the progress and current requirements toward successful implementation of our solutions.
Arity Internship Program:
- Target start date: May/June 2019
- 12 week summer internship program
- An attractive compensation package
- Housing stipend offered to qualified students
- Collaborative team environment
- Planned intern networking and development opportunities
- Volunteer/community service opportunities
- Potential to receive possible full-time employment after graduation
- Rising Junior or Senior currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree in a technical study.
- Exceptional inter-personal and customer service skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Interest in technical sales
- High initiative in working through difficult problems and obstacles
- Basic understanding of rapid software development and Phone application methodologies
- Experience in Auto Insurance and Telematics a plus
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.