Arity- Data Governance and Quality Internship at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone. At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation. That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Analytics Team
At Arity, our Analytics team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. We not only know how to analyze and find meaning within billions of miles of driving data collected from smartphones, onboard devices and third parties; we are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. Our Data Governance and Quality team works across the Enterprise to manage the strategy, integration and governance of data at Arity. Members of Arity’s Data Governance and Quality team have responsibility for ensuring consistency and clarity of our data across our product portfolio. The team works very closely with product partners to convert business needs into data solutions that power our businesses.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
This is a Summer 2022 internship for students currently enrolled in a degree program. This role is responsible for working alongside Data Stewards and Data Analytics Consultants to aide in managing and governing the core internal and external analytical data for the organization. This person will gain an understanding for best practices and documentation of our governed data sources and metadata. This role will collaborate across Arity to improve processes that will increase data availability and interpretation. This person will provide support in creating business insights by ensuring our data is compliant, timely, accurate, complete, and most importantly, ‘fit for purpose’ for our customers’ use cases. This is a highly dynamic position that requires a great degree of flexibility, analytic agility and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements/needs, new technologies and data sources. This role requires close integration and partnership with the business and requires business acumen in order to output the best solutions.
- Uses best practices, with coaching, to provide support in the governance of business data to ensure it is compliant, consistent, accurate, available, accessible and understood.
- Contributes to the common vision by assisting in elevating the organizations’ commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate customer and business data
- Troubleshoot data quality issues, with support and coaching – identifying root cause/system and documentation/communication of resolution
- Engage in the ongoing and detailed evaluation and monitoring of data quality, integrity, accuracy and consistency, the identification of anomalies and discrepancies, and the contribution of expertise to understand the root cause and implement corrective measures
- Collaborates with the team in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of data definitions and data-quality metrics
- Innovates on projects by using best practices and techniques or tools where appropriate
- Target Start date: May/June 2022
- Currently pursuing a degree in a field such as business, math, data architecture, library science
- Pursuit of a graduate degree strongly preferred
- Ability to solve problems and think critically
- Experience with gathering or creating metadata
- Knowledge of data governance and data management concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely with all levels of the organization in a clear and professional manner, verbally and written
The salary for this role will be determined based on the school year you are entering in 2022-2023
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you. Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment