***Internship Start Dates: May 29th, 2019 or June 17th, 2019***
Dynamics of the role
TransUnion’s Data Strategy team takes a forward-looking view of TransUnion’s data assets. We seek new opportunities to develop a holistic view of a consumer’s risk profile. We manage the big data platform that empowers TransUnion’s global team of world-class analysts and data scientists. We seek an intern to assist with management of this data platform and data research.
How you’ll contribute
- You will help with automating processes to load, move and manage data assets on the Big Data platform using the latest Big Data technologies.
- You will help with developing a user interface, geared towards hundreds of data scientists who are using the Big Data platform, in finding various data assets and other capabilities within the platform.
- You will help with producing operational dashboards and reports to manage this critical Big Data platform.
- You may update and maintain internal web pages to track and report on data assets.
- You may maintain data dictionaries and prepare documentation of data analyses performed.
- You may work on analyzing and evaluating new data assets TransUnion is interested in.
What you’ll bring
- Progress towards a degree in information systems, computer science, analytics, or business with technical coursework.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data Technologies including Apache Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Python, etc.
- A plus if you have experience in Linux command-line tools, bash scripting and Ab Initio ETL technologies.
- Hands-on experience writing SQL queries is required. Experience or familiarity with interactive data visualization tools like Tableau is desirable.
- Strong written language skills and familiarity with technical documents such as data dictionaries and process flow diagrams. Able to write instructions and procedural documentation.