Business Continuity Intern at OCC
A World Class Clearing Organization
OCC is the largest equity derivatives clearing organization in the world. We provide central counterparty clearing and settlement services for equity options, futures, options on futures, and securities lending transactions. We serve approximately 115 clearing members and 15 exchanges including CBOE, Nasdaq, and NYSE.
OCC is building a culture that empowers continued learning, authentic innovation, and constant creativity.
About the Intern Program:
OCC is looking for interns who are hungry for the chance to learn more, humble enough to admit they don’t know all the answers, and smart enough to recognize the opportunity. The OCC Internship Program provides students with the real-world skills to successfully transition into a career in the financial services industry. As an intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of OCC. This person will apply their skill-set and knowledge toward tackling designated projects. This an exciting opportunity to have a true impact on the company by designing and implementing solutions for real challenges facing the business. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Projects and Responsibilities:
- Under the oversight of an associate principal be responsible for facilitating data collection on over 180 OCC business processes with over 40 different BC Coordinators and conducting data validation and integrity for 2021 OCC Business Impact Analysis
- Responsible for the first line development of Third Party Business Continuity Risk Assessments
- Supporting of any real time crisis events and pandemic
- Emergency Management, Continuity of Operations, or Business Continuity knowledge
- Ability to gather information from senior level individuals and proactively follow up
- High attention to detail, logical analysis, and ability to troubleshoot and train
What knowledge and skills will the intern gain from this internship?
- Understanding impacts and risk to financial services organizations due to process failures or outages
- Interaction of business and technology dependencies across an organization
- Data collection into web-based applications, ability to learn administrative capabilities of web based application, and knowledge sharing