Business Intelligence Engineer Intern at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Why should YOU intern @ ServiceNow?
Here’s what our “Class of 2020” enjoyed about working at ServiceNow:
· “Work within a scrum team, develop code within a corporate setting, use Git to manage source code, how to read through proprietary documentation to learn about our proprietary APIs and code base, work with the company politics to share my views on the design, implementation, and management of the ServiceNow platform”
· “The positive vibes in my team, and the very detailed code reviews given by my mentor and colleagues, which helped me learned a lot”
· “Challenging projects that taught them skills in software development and have a concrete impact on the company”
· “I was really glad to have important work directed my way rather than a bunch of busywork and leftover tasks”
· “Face-to-face exposure to senior execs and having candid conversations to learn about the company, helpful team, autonomy to learn and drive my own projects”
· “I've formed relationship during the summer that I know I will maintain throughout life. Putting yourself out there and letting your ambition shine results in the most rewarding experiences”
What my team does:
The Talent Insights Team leverages data to help leaders and other stakeholders across ServiceNow make better decisions about people. We are passionate about making ServiceNow an incredible place to work for every employee and helping ServiceNow achieve its mission. We believe leveraging data will help us make better decisions about our talent.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products, reports and data. We live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Use Python and/or SQL to automate manual data processes and/or projects
- Use advanced data analysis techniques to analyze and interpret large, complex datasets
- Build Tableau dashboards to present and visualize data insights to various stakeholders
- Help build the infrastructure and automation to ensure talent data are used effectively across ServiceNow
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Expertise in Business Intelligence, Math/Statistics, Computer Science or related fields
- Strong understanding of statistical methods and concepts
- Experience in Tableau
- Strong knowledge and experience in Python and SQL
- Strong communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high concentration on attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in MS office products (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Project Management experience
- Actively enrolled in an accredited university as a full-time student, pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science, Business Intelligence, Math/Statistics or related field
- Must be returning for at least one final semester/quarter after the summer internship
- Able to commit to a 12-week internship in summer 2021 (May-August -or- June-September)
- Must be located in the US during the 12-week internship
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.