Business Intelligence Intern at PerkSpot
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We're looking for a Business Intelligence Intern to join our growing Operations team and develop reports, dashboards, and other analytics tools to support our BI team.
In PerkSpot's internship program, we are proud to hire the brightest students and train them to be the leaders of tomorrow! Through PerkSpot's internship program, you'll gain valuable industry knowledge and professional skills that will help you for years to come. You'll be able to experience our exceptional office culture and learn from industry leaders in the fields you'll be working in after you finish your studies. Since learning is the number one priority in our internship program, you'll manage your own projects (with supervision), gaining real work experience you'll be able to reference when eventually searching for full-time work. And there's no "busy work" here - these projects will be vitally important to PerkSpot, meaning you'll directly impact the accomplishments of the company.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America's top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we're carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we're excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we're also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We're a big platform, but a small team. That means we're going to trust you with more responsibility than you'd have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Business Intelligence Team
The Business Intelligence team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to PerkSpot's success. We work diligently to manage current and future reporting projects, develop and execute SQL queries, and maintain our current warehouse structure. All of this work is done to make sure that PerkSpot's data reporting is as accurate and thorough as possible. Your work will help us effectively analyze the way PerkSpot's business is going, while making decisions regarding its future growth potential.
Your main responsibilities:
- Becoming familiar with PerkSpot's data analysis practices and using this to develop reports and dashboards that can be used daily
- Supporting exploration and integration of new data sets - where it makes sense
- QA checking data dashboards; finding and rectifying data discrepancies
- Documenting all new reporting processes within BI manual
- Helping to manage incoming reporting and data tickets
- Attending calls with stakeholders as needed; taking notes and providing recaps
- Assisting the team with urgent reporting needs, product issues, and/or ad hoc projects
What we're looking for:
- Availability from mid-June through end of August
- Must be an incoming senior student in college
- Field of Study: Data Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Intelligence or related fields
- Proven understanding of databases and their relationship to analytics
- Expert-level proficiency in MS Excel; past exposure to relevant BI tools
- Strong analytical, QA, and problem-solving skills
- Professional communication skills and ability to communicate with stakeholders and team leads as needed
- Organized, methodical style of working; ability to document your own methodology
- Positive attitude and drive to succeed
Life as a PerkSpot intern:
As an intern for the PerkSpot team, you'll be working 35 hours for eight weeks. During that time you will be a full-fledged member of the company and attend regular team and 1x1 meetings to track individual and company goals. During this time your focus will be on two dedicated projects - one team-specific, and one with your fellow interns. As you work through those projects, you'll meet with direct managers and mentors to receive tangible, constructive feedback on your progress and work ethic. You'll also get to be a part of the PerkSpot team - this means inclusion in company events and team building exercises!
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We're a big platform, but still a small team. That means we're going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You're going to grow - a lot.
Our headquarters are based in Chicago's lively River North neighborhood. PerkSpot offers free lunches, the casual dress code, in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site!
We hold weekly company get-meetings where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It's this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work, and we're so excited to watch and help you grow here!