“Our interns touch real work and build skills they need to kick-start their professional careers” – Nancy Martinez, TU Intern Program Manager
Internship Start Dates: May 29th, 2019 or June 17th, 2019
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- Our Summer Internship Program will allow you to use & develop the skills you've learned in school while participating in fun events: career development workshops, networking events, and exciting guest speakers throughout this 12 week internship.
What you’ll bring:
- Progress towards a degree in information systems, computer science, analytics, or business with technical coursework.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data Technologies including Apache Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Python, etc.
- A plus if you have experience in Linux command-line tools, bash scripting and Ab Initio ETL technologies.
- Hands-on experience writing SQL queries is required.
- Strong written language skills and familiarity with technical documents such as data dictionaries and process flow diagrams.
We’d love to see:
- Experience or familiarity with interactive data visualization tools like Tableau
Impact you’ll make:
- You will help with automating processes to load, move and manage data assets on the Big Data platform using the latest Big Data technologies.
- You will help with developing a user interface, geared towards hundreds of data scientists who are using the Big Data platform, in finding various data assets and other capabilities within the platform.
- You will help with producing operational dashboards and reports to manage this critical Big Data platform.
- Updating and maintain internal web pages to track and report on data assets.
- Maintiaing data dictionaries and prepare documentation of data analyses performed.
- Analyzing and evaluating new data assets TransUnion is interested in.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.