Campus: Accounting Intern – Part Time (2020 Winter Start) at Optiver
We’re looking for a motivated self-starter to join our Finance Team as an Accounting Intern. In this role, you’ll gain relevant and valuable accounting experience in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment. As Accounting Intern, you’ll assist our month-end close process, support financial reporting & analytics, and prepare deliverables for our annual audit.
What you’ll do:
- Learn the functions of our Finance Team and develop a deeper understanding of technical accounting by collaborating with team members and actively participating in the preparation of core deliverables
- Assist with preparation of quarterly forecasts and work with other departments on special cost analysis projects
- Assist in daily cash management activities and analyze results
- Support our month-end close processes by preparing key financial reports, general ledger reconciliations, and journal entries
- Participate in components of our Accounts Payable process
- Collaborate with team members on ad hoc deliverables and special projects
What you’ll need:
- Current enrollment in undergraduate program; Major/Specialization in Accounting
- Sophomore or Junior year standing preferred
- Ability to work on-site in Chicago 10-20 hours per week
- Successful completion of introduction to accounting coursework
- Proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and keen attention to detail over work product
- Basic knowledge of GAAP and financial statements; IFRS a plus
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker specializing in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies.
Put simply, we improve the markets. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being. It requires intelligence, obviously. But in this industry, that’s table stakes. We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.