Campus: DevOps Intern (Summer 2021) at Optiver
Optiver's DevOps Team designs and develops custom software tooling to support the needs and processes of Optiver's Trading Systems Support, Linux Engineering, Windows Engineering, and Network Engineering operational teams. As a member of our DevOps team you'll spend your summer being mentored by our engineers as you develop solutions for real operational problems, and will gain extraordinary insight into how we maintain our fast-paced yet stable trading infrastructure. You will begin your internship with a crash course in the fundamentals of our trading systems and engineering principles.
Technology at Optiver:
As an engineer, you are a maker at heart. And at Optiver you will have the opportunity to take ownership of complex problems and craft solutions—to make stuff—from day one. Every day will bring fresh challenges that demand even fresher thinking. And the proprietary trading systems you build will directly impact financial markets that—either directly or indirectly—touch the lives of millions of people.
What you'll need:
- Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Have an expected graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
- Experience scripting in Python, Perl, or Ruby
- Interest in operating systems and network architectures
- Ability to learn quickly and autonomously
- Attention to detail, diligence, and a high personal bar for performance expectations
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.