Clinical Coordinator Intern at Tempus
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. The Order Management team is passionate and focused on serving physicians and patients with the highest level of service. As an intern with our team, you will collaborate with product, research, and business development teams to streamline our ordering process.
- Manage all requisite paperwork and forms for each patient and maintains the patient database and folders accurately and timely.
- Participate in coordination between our lab and partner labs for molecular pathology laboratory including requesting samples and documents, items’ coordination and shipments.
- Communicate directly with various members of partner labs to manage sample and document requests, handling, shipping and receiving.
- Build and maintain effective relationships which create a high level of trust with laboratory employees, patients and partner organizations.
- Respond to inquiries by phone, email and in person quickly and professionally.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Show initiative and ability to work as part of a high-level team while working independently on mission-critical tasks.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly.
- General office equipment and software knowledge and computer proficiency.